Susie

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

I have tried to load the Ricoh i500 on to my laptop computer with Windows XP.
I have downloaded the new USB from Ricoh web site. When I installed it, it
shows as the Ricoh i700?
When I try and connect the camera with the USB cable, it bleeps show's the
red and green light, but nothing is sending across. The USB connection is not
showing either in the intray(by the clock. I have a external floppy and a MP3
player these both show up fine and work ok.
When I click on the icon to load up the software and click on to get, it
show as a Coms Port 1-9. No USB.

Can anyone help me. I have had this camera bought new 3 years ago, but I
have been very sick and only now are able to get it in use. I paid over £600.
for it and I have now contacted Ricoh to see if they can help? I am not sure
where I stand with this matter. So I would be glad of some help if there are
any Ricoh i500 & i700 users out there if they can help me.

Thanks for the help.

Susie

PS: I have downloaded the Microsoft Service Pack 2 tonight and it has made
my computer unstable. On trying to remove it I have been told it will mess
up all my programmes on my computer. So any help on this would be helpful
to.

bar

Susie, first try to make sure that the PC is running properly: free of
Spyware and Viruses.

Keep SP2 on and look into Device Manager to see where any devices have been
highlighted with a Yellow Exclamation Mark, indicating incorrect driver files
that need updating.

Report back here if you need any help on this.

Also give full details of your PC - make / model / hardware such as Disks,
CD, DVD and other plug-in devices.

Whilst attempting to 'fix' the PC make sure any unnecessary devices are
switched off or unplugged. These include Printers, USB Memory Sticks etc.

Once Xp and the Hardware environment are correct and stable, then you can
attempt to get your Camera functioning: it is inappropriate t attempt to
install devices on an unstable platform: success is just about guaranteed at
0%.

"Susie" wrote:

> I have tried to load the Ricoh i500 on to my laptop computer with Windows XP.
> I have downloaded the new USB from Ricoh web site. When I installed it, it
> shows as the Ricoh i700?
> When I try and connect the camera with the USB cable, it bleeps show's the
> red and green light, but nothing is sending across. The USB connection is not
> showing either in the intray(by the clock. I have a external floppy and a MP3
> player these both show up fine and work ok.
> When I click on the icon to load up the software and click on to get, it
> show as a Coms Port 1-9. No USB.
>
> Can anyone help me. I have had this camera bought new 3 years ago, but I
> have been very sick and only now are able to get it in use. I paid over £600.
> for it and I have now contacted Ricoh to see if they can help? I am not sure
> where I stand with this matter. So I would be glad of some help if there are
> any Ricoh i500 & i700 users out there if they can help me.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Susie
>
> PS: I have downloaded the Microsoft Service Pack 2 tonight and it has made
> my computer unstable. On trying to remove it I have been told it will mess
> up all my programmes on my computer. So any help on this would be helpful
> to.

Susie, go here and download all software and drivers for your camera.
http://www.ricohpmmc.com/uk/support/download/camera_asp/rdci500/winxp/rdci500wxp.asp

Disconnect all USB Devices. Rt click MyComputer>select
Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers>
Expand and rt click on each entry and choose Uninstall. When finished
restart and let WinXP reload the USB.
Install the Camera Software and driver. Reconnect the Camera. If it
works then reconnect all the other USB devices.

"Susie" <Susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to load the Ricoh i500 on to my laptop computer with Windows
>XP.
> I have downloaded the new USB from Ricoh web site. When I installed it,
> it
> shows as the Ricoh i700?
> When I try and connect the camera with the USB cable, it bleeps show's the
> red and green light, but nothing is sending across. The USB connection is
> not
> showing either in the intray(by the clock. I have a external floppy and a
> MP3
> player these both show up fine and work ok.
> When I click on the icon to load up the software and click on to get, it
> show as a Coms Port 1-9. No USB.
>
> Can anyone help me. I have had this camera bought new 3 years ago, but I
> have been very sick and only now are able to get it in use. I paid over
> £600.
> for it and I have now contacted Ricoh to see if they can help? I am not
> sure
> where I stand with this matter. So I would be glad of some help if there
> are
> any Ricoh i500 & i700 users out there if they can help me.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Susie
>
> PS: I have downloaded the Microsoft Service Pack 2 tonight and it has made
> my computer unstable. On trying to remove it I have been told it will
> mess
> up all my programmes on my computer. So any help on this would be
> helpful
> to.

TRENDING THREADS