No "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in systray

Deon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi there,

WIN XP Prof, SP2 and latest updates.

There is no "Safely Remove Hardware" in my taskbar. Is there by any chance
I could have removed it and if so, how can I get it back?

--
Regards,

Deon H

Deon;
It is not always there.
It is only there for the USB hardware that supports it and that is not all.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> WIN XP Prof, SP2 and latest updates.
>
> There is no "Safely Remove Hardware" in my taskbar. Is there by any chance
> I could have removed it and if so, how can I get it back?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Deon H

Safely Remove Hardware icon usually should show up when you have to
following USB devices connected:

USB floppy drive
USB Flash disk drive
USB CD (R/w) drive
USB DVD (+_ R/W) drive
USB hard drive.
USB Flash memory readers

You may have other USB devices that use this and it may also work for
Firewire devices (???).