No "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in systray

Hi there,

WIN XP Prof, SP2 and latest updates.

There is no "Safely Remove Hardware" in my taskbar. Is there by any chance
I could have removed it and if so, how can I get it back?

--
Regards,

Deon H
2 answers Last reply
More about safely remove hardware icon systray

    Deon;
    It is not always there.
    It is only there for the USB hardware that supports it and that is not all.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > WIN XP Prof, SP2 and latest updates.
    >
    > There is no "Safely Remove Hardware" in my taskbar. Is there by any chance
    > I could have removed it and if so, how can I get it back?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Deon H

    Safely Remove Hardware icon usually should show up when you have to
    following USB devices connected:

    USB floppy drive
    USB Flash disk drive
    USB CD (R/w) drive
    USB DVD (+_ R/W) drive
    USB hard drive.
    USB Flash memory readers

    You may have other USB devices that use this and it may also work for
    Firewire devices (???).

    "Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > WIN XP Prof, SP2 and latest updates.
    >
    > There is no "Safely Remove Hardware" in my taskbar. Is there by any chance
    > I could have removed it and if so, how can I get it back?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Deon H

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP