No "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in systray

March 23, 2005 9:32:03 AM

Hi there,

WIN XP Prof, SP2 and latest updates.

There is no "Safely Remove Hardware" in my taskbar. Is there by any chance
I could have removed it and if so, how can I get it back?

--
Regards,

Deon H
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:32:04 AM

Deon;
It is not always there.
It is only there for the USB hardware that supports it and that is not all.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> WIN XP Prof, SP2 and latest updates.
>
> There is no "Safely Remove Hardware" in my taskbar. Is there by any chance
> I could have removed it and if so, how can I get it back?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Deon H
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 12:24:31 PM

Safely Remove Hardware icon usually should show up when you have to
following USB devices connected:

USB floppy drive
USB Flash disk drive
USB CD (R/w) drive
USB DVD (+_ R/W) drive
USB hard drive.
USB Flash memory readers

You may have other USB devices that use this and it may also work for
Firewire devices (???).

!