slow load up when away from office wireless network

Hello,

i have winxp pro and i know that they are no virus or antispyware issues, i
also believer ( though may be mistaken) that i have the minimum services
running on my laptop. i have an IBM T40 laptop with 512mb ram and 1.6ghz
pentium m.

when i try logging on my laptop while away from my office the computer takes
over 3 minute to load, mainly waiting on the "preparing network connection"
message before the option to login occurs.

Anyone have any ideas? or had this problem before?

Cheers

Graham
1 answer Last reply
More about slow load office wireless network

    Hello,

    i figured it out aftering downloading bootvis the delay was due to the
    system searching for the dns server. i just set the dns server ( as opposed
    to it being automatically assigned) and it was fine.

    however i do seem to have a problem with this account not saving the
    changes!!

    "a" <a@a.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have winxp pro and i know that they are no virus or antispyware issues,
    > i also believer ( though may be mistaken) that i have the minimum services
    > running on my laptop. i have an IBM T40 laptop with 512mb ram and 1.6ghz
    > pentium m.
    >
    > when i try logging on my laptop while away from my office the computer
    > takes over 3 minute to load, mainly waiting on the "preparing network
    > connection" message before the option to login occurs.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas? or had this problem before?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Graham

Laptops Wireless Network Wireless Networking