slow load up when away from office wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
March 28, 2005 2:28:53 AM

Hello,

i have winxp pro and i know that they are no virus or antispyware issues, i
also believer ( though may be mistaken) that i have the minimum services
running on my laptop. i have an IBM T40 laptop with 512mb ram and 1.6ghz
pentium m.

when i try logging on my laptop while away from my office the computer takes
over 3 minute to load, mainly waiting on the "preparing network connection"
message before the option to login occurs.

Anyone have any ideas? or had this problem before?

Cheers

Graham
March 28, 2005 10:42:39 PM

Hello,

i figured it out aftering downloading bootvis the delay was due to the
system searching for the dns server. i just set the dns server ( as opposed
to it being automatically assigned) and it was fine.

however i do seem to have a problem with this account not saving the
changes!!