Razer Introduces the Battlefield 3 Edition Blackshark Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakphoenix

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
alough i usually find Razors designs tacky looking and aimed at a different market to myself, I really quite enjoy the look of these headphones. Whether they are any good is another debate all together and I won't be giving up my AKG K550's for these but it's good to see they're style changing somewhat.

I guess the BF3 design is what demands the $129 price tag since the COrsair Vengance 1300s and 1500s both are cheaper and come with better drivers (50mm) alone and the 1500s have a USB card that gives true 7.1 DTS.

I guess if you want shiny over functionality they are ok, but I wouldn't waste my money on them.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Pro-tip: do not buy Razer audio products, check products by other companies who actually make a living of audio, such as: AKG, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Shure, ...

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]looks cool but.... 40mm neodymium magnets?? i was expecting this to come with 50mm magnets, the bass would have been waaaay better[/citation]
Hint: Size of magnets has little to do with sound quality. It's a marketing gimmick.

sirencall

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]iamtheking123[/nom]Hint: Size of magnets has little to do with sound quality. It's a marketing gimmick.[/citation]

Thats half true, you can not get proper bass response from small magnets. Also you get weaker treble response from magnets that are too big. This is why any quality home speaker setup has a mix of big and small but even than its a personal taste thing but there is a reason why in-ear headphones have generally terrible bass.

Looks cool as hell, but if it doesn't do surround, it may as well be any other decent pair of stereo headphones. When it's on your head, do you really care what it looks like? I mean seriously, who are you trying to impress?

You're sitting at a computer playing a video game. You're definitely not attracting the females at that point.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
they look decent, but have pretty crappy specs for the price, especially compared to headphones offered by sennheiser, AKG, or other quality brands in the price range with many replaceable parts and better build quality and audio quality.

katfishgr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
[citation][nom]ubercake[/nom]Looks cool as hell, but if it doesn't do surround, it may as well be any other decent pair of stereo headphones. When it's on your head, do you really care what it looks like? I mean seriously, who are you trying to impress? You're sitting at a computer playing a video game. You're definitely not attracting the females at that point.[/citation]

Haha ... you've got a pretty good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.