ramesh

HI,

I did a fresh install of XP Prof on an Acer AMD laptop. All is fine except
that the only icon on the desktop is the Recycle Bin. How do I get all
regular icons like My Computer, My Network Places, etc.

How did this happen?

Thanks for any inputs.

regards
ramesh

That is the normal desktop for a clean install. To get icons back, right click the desktop and
select properties. In the Display Properties menu that opens select the Desktop tab. Down toward
the bottom is a Customize Desktop button, press this and the Desktop Items menu opens. At the top
check the boxes of those icons that you want on the Desktop.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+