DVD Question/Problem?

Hello,
Does any body out there know if I can Burn Data, such as .Rar, or .Exe files
to a Dvd-r Disk, as they hold so much more than the Cd-r, or Cd-rw.
Thanks in advance,
Fred Evans
PS-If you want to reply via e-mail PLEASE use this address:
evansfn2003@yahoo.com

www.nero.com

r.

"Fred Evans" <evansfn2501@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Does any body out there know if I can Burn Data, such as .Rar, or .Exe
> files to a Dvd-r Disk, as they hold so much more than the Cd-r, or Cd-rw.
> Thanks in advance,
> Fred Evans
> PS-If you want to reply via e-mail PLEASE use this address:
> evansfn2003@yahoo.com

If you have DVD burning software such as Roxio or Nero, yes.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Fred Evans" <evansfn2501@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Does any body out there know if I can Burn Data, such as .Rar, or .Exe
> files to a Dvd-r Disk, as they hold so much more than the Cd-r, or Cd-rw.
> Thanks in advance,
> Fred Evans
> PS-If you want to reply via e-mail PLEASE use this address:
> evansfn2003@yahoo.com

Invisible

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002

> Hello,
> Does any body out there know if I can Burn Data, such as .Rar, or .Exe files
> to a Dvd-r Disk, as they hold so much more than the Cd-r, or Cd-rw.
> Thanks in advance,

Yes, you can.

But you may need to have a third party burning software. XP native CD
burning tools may not handle the DVD medias.

"Invisible" <void@dev.null> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> Does any body out there know if I can Burn Data, such as .Rar, or .Exe
>> files to a Dvd-r Disk, as they hold so much more than the Cd-r, or Cd-rw.
>> Thanks in advance,
>
> Yes, you can.

Invisible

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002

> But you may need to have a third party burning software. XP native CD
> burning tools may not handle the DVD medias.

Good point...