Are there any known problems with K7N2GM-V Mother board fr..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
September 7, 2005 6:08:11 PM

I have this mother board and I have installed it however I can not get
my computer to boot. It is getting power and turns on but there is no
signal to the monitor. I have tried a different monitor, I have tired
a video card, cleared the cmoss once, and tried to get it to run with
no drives connected. I could not even get the computer to beep. Any
help with this would be greatly appearicated.
Thanks
September 8, 2005 1:25:26 AM

Make sure you clear the cmos good. Power cord disconnected and the power
supply disconnected from the board. Set the jumper and take out the
battery. Let it sit for a minimum 15 minutes. Then put the battery back in
and set the jumper back. Reconnect the power supply and power cord. If
that does not work try the board outside of the case with only the processor
and ram. As a matter of fact you should reseat the processor and ram too.

DaveL

"dizzie" <dizzie419@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have this mother board and I have installed it however I can not get
> my computer to boot. It is getting power and turns on but there is no
> signal to the monitor. I have tried a different monitor, I have tired
> a video card, cleared the cmoss once, and tried to get it to run with
> no drives connected. I could not even get the computer to beep. Any
> help with this would be greatly appearicated.
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2005 2:46:13 PM

Yes that is what I meant, I figured that if I used some low level
terminology everyone could understand it. No I am not getting any
beeps and the leds are on but there is no indication. Been there they
don't help. I can not get through on the phone and there e-mail
returned was not great. Most of it was stuff I had already tried.
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2005 2:53:51 PM

DaveL
Thanks a lot for your help I will try this. If you can offer anything
else that would be awesome.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2005 2:58:29 PM

However there is a nice Download File that has some good information.
Thanks for the site.
September 8, 2005 9:27:57 PM

On 7 Sep 2005 14:08:11 -0700, "dizzie" <dizzie419@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have this mother board and I have installed it however I can not get
>my computer to boot. It is getting power and turns on but there is no
>signal to the monitor. I have tried a different monitor, I have tired
>a video card, cleared the cmoss once, and tried to get it to run with
>no drives connected. I could not even get the computer to beep. Any
>help with this would be greatly appearicated.
>Thanks

I am not sure what you mean by"turns on". If it is posting you should
get some beeps and the dleds should give you an indication of the
problem.

try this
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_tshoot.asp

HTH
Gollum
December 23, 2005 9:11:35 AM

I have this same board fitted with an XP 2500+ and a 36GB WD Raptor as an internet machine. This box is one of my all-time favs.

I have noticed that the RAM slots are a-bit loose. Have only had trouble with this board booting twice in 2 and a half years, and both times it was because the ram had been dis-lodged as I was fiddling inside the case.

If you are using IGP, make sure the initial video is set to PCI in the bios and NOT AGP.
!