Radeon 9600 Pro Wont install on KT4AV

Richy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Hi

I am hoping someone out there can help on this one as it is doing my swede
in.

Orginally my system was running with a Geforce MX4000 128mb ram with no
problems what so ever.
Before i say more here are specs of pc

KT4AV m/b
AMD XP 2400
1 Gig DDR
WD 160gb
XP Home SP 2
Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb / Geforce MX4000 128mb

To start with, i removed nvidia drivers, shutdown, installed new 9600 pro,
reboot.
Now it is when i reboot i get into all sorts of problems ranging from a
blank screen, partially booting to login screen then freezing, booting to
desktop then freezing. On one blue screen i got a error ati2dvag, i assume
this must be part of windows driver as i have yet to install ATI drivers as
i am unable to boot properly with any stability.

When i revert back to my Geforce system is stable once again.

Hopefully someone out there can get me outta this jam but i be dammed if i
gonna buy ati card again unless of course this is a particular problem for
my config.

srkishy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
hey man, i'm having pretty much the same problem as you, i know you posted this a while ago, but if you get this and found a fix, could you please tell me? thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The reason posts are getting neglected is because this is the MSI forum. Not a popular brand here. Look up information on Drive Cleaner or whatever it's called. There are programs for properly uninstalling nVidia drivers and removing references in the registry.