Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Hi,

I have 3 HDs and a CDRW in my XP box and also a Ultra100 TX2 controller
with another HD. They all work fine.

I now want to add another drive and ask whether it best I add it to the
second IDE plug on the Controller card or to the additional plug on the
cable to the first controller HD.

Thanks

Rock

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You should not mix harddrives and CD or DVD drives on the same cable.

The TX2 may only support harddrives and not CDs or DVDs - check the manual.

So, I would have two hard drives on IDE1 on the mobo, two harddrives on the
TX2, and the CD-RW on IDE2 on the mobo.