Motherboard USB still have power after shutdown

Just upgraded the motherboard to MSI P4MAM2-V and noted that the USB
mouse and wireless network USB adapter still have power (got the
lights on) even if I've shutdown the computer. Is this normal?

I am currently using Celeron 2.88GB CPU, but when compare with the
previous board, which is an Intel motherboard with Celeron 1.7GB with
same memory (256MB), seems like it's running even slower! Wondering
why?