Which inks do you use most in your Epson 2200?

Hi guys,
I'm going to purchase an Epson 2200 printer tomorrow at B&H.

I want to get some extra ink for it while I'm there. Which ink cartridges do
you find you replace the most? The printer will be used to print exclusively
photos.

tia

don

"Capt Nud" <captnud@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
> I'm going to purchase an Epson 2200 printer tomorrow at B&H.
>
> I want to get some extra ink for it while I'm there. Which ink cartridges
do
> you find you replace the most? The printer will be used to print
exclusively
> photos.
>
> tia
>
> don

Light magenta and Light cyan.

--
Pete Rissler
http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <2l62iqF8uuskU1@uni-berlin.de>, peter_rissler@rissler.reno.nv.us
says...
> "Capt Nud" <captnud@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys,
> > I'm going to purchase an Epson 2200 printer tomorrow at B&H.
> >
> > I want to get some extra ink for it while I'm there. Which ink cartridges
> do
> > you find you replace the most? The printer will be used to print
> exclusively
> > photos.
> >
> > tia
> >
> > don
>
> Light magenta and Light cyan.

After using ALL BRANDS of ink jet printer since the very first one to hit the
market, I can give this info:

Printing Photos with a 4 color printer the order of run-out Usually goes this
way:

First: Yellow
Second: Cyan
Third: Black
Fourth: Magenta

Printing Photos with a 6 color printer the order of run-out Usually goes this
way:

First: Photo (or lite) Cyan
Second: Photo (or lite) Magenta
Third: Yellow
Fourth: Magenta
Fifth: Cyan
Sixth: Black (note: on some printers black and cyan run out together or swap
back abd fourth between fifth and sixth)

Throw in any text pages, web pages, graphs charts ect., and all this goes
right out the window.

I only use my photo printers for printing photos (I have an HP 952c and a
laser printer for the "scut work" of printing spreadsheets, web pages et al)

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:10:12 -0700, "Pete Rissler"
<peter_rissler@rissler.reno.nv.us> wrote:

||>"Capt Nud" <captnud@aol.com> wrote in message

||>do
||>exclusively

||>Light magenta and Light cyan.

Over the last 2 years printing 90% photos and 10% text on my
Stylus Photo 950 I have used the following Qty of carts.

8 off Black
6 off L.Magenta
5 off yellow
4 off Magenta
3 off Cyan
3 off L. Cyan

All Genuine Epson carts.

Thats £312.00 worth, more than the Printer costs, still the quality's
good so can't complain.
--
Brian E.Ashley Ashley Technical Services
brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk

In message <MPG.1b58bb3fd0b5f7109896f5@news.comcast.giganews.com>, Larry
<lastingimagery@comcast.dotnet> writes

>After using ALL BRANDS of ink jet printer since the very first one to hit the
>market, I can give this info:
>
>Printing Photos with a 4 color printer the order of run-out Usually goes this
>way:
>
>First: Yellow
>Second: Cyan
>Third: Black
>Fourth: Magenta

Both colour lasers I have had, (used for photos and text) have gone:
Black, Yellow & Magenta - more or less together, Blue

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
tlatwightpropertydotcom

Brian E. Ashley <brian.myrtle@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Over the last 2 years printing 90% photos and 10% text on my
> Stylus Photo 950 I have used the following Qty of carts.
>
> 8 off Black
> 6 off L.Magenta
> 5 off yellow
> 4 off Magenta
> 3 off Cyan
> 3 off L. Cyan
>
> All Genuine Epson carts.
>
> Thats £312.00 worth, more than the Printer costs, still the quality's
> good so can't complain.

I used the following amount printing photos over about 6 months.

Black - 8
Light Black -10
Cyan - 3
Light Cyan - 13
Magenta - 6
Light Magenta - 19
Yellow - 11

I'm now using a Lyson continuous ink system with no regrets.