Shuttle SB65G2 and 48-bit LBA

I have a rather simple question. I have a Shuttle SB65G2 with the
FB65S009 bios and a 200 gig WD JD drive running Window XP Pro with SP1
.... and all seems to be running fine so far but I have not yet used
137 gig on the drive. The bios indicates the size of the drive
correctly. My question is:

Does the Shuttle SB65G2 with the FB65S009 bios support 48-bit LBA?

I have check the shuttle webpage, read the manual, many postings and
cannot find the answer to this. Help!

Thanks in advance

On 8 Apr 2004 14:32:44 -0700, cb246@canada.com (DeathMonkey) wrote:

>I have a rather simple question. I have a Shuttle SB65G2 with the
>FB65S009 bios and a 200 gig WD JD drive running Window XP Pro with SP1
>... and all seems to be running fine so far but I have not yet used
>137 gig on the drive. The bios indicates the size of the drive
>correctly. My question is:
>
>Does the Shuttle SB65G2 with the FB65S009 bios support 48-bit LBA?
>
>I have check the shuttle webpage, read the manual, many postings and
>cannot find the answer to this. Help!
>
>Thanks in advance

It does support 48-bit LBA. I have personally used sevral harddrives
on such unit without problems -- including a 200 GB WD S-ATA-drive.

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

cb246@canada.com (DeathMonkey) wrote in

> I have a rather simple question. I have a Shuttle SB65G2 with the
> FB65S009 bios and a 200 gig WD JD drive running Window XP Pro with SP1
> ... and all seems to be running fine so far but I have not yet used
> 137 gig on the drive. The bios indicates the size of the drive
> correctly. My question is:
>
> Does the Shuttle SB65G2 with the FB65S009 bios support 48-bit LBA?
>
> I have check the shuttle webpage, read the manual, many postings and
> cannot find the answer to this. Help!
>
> Thanks in advance

It should, since my SB55G supports it. Check out this article from
Microsoft's Knowledge Base. It may help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013

However, if you are not familiar with the Windows Registry, I suggest that
you find a friend who can help because once you mess up your registry, you
may have problems starting your OS.

-lyj