Overclocking of SN45G?

Hi,
has anyone successfully overclocked his SN45G? I'm running a XP 3000+ FSB
400 with one stick of Samsung PC3200 512MB RAM and it seems that I cannot
tweak anything at all. The maximum setting for the overall performance is
"optimal". Turbo or aggressive will lock up the PC.
Setting the multiplier of the CPU doesn't do anything, it alway stays at
2100MHz.

Just for info...don't really need more performance but it would be nice if
there was a simple way to get more power.

Thanks.

cu

Rene

The problem may well be the Samsung memory. Shuttles (those with nForce2
chipsets) work well with Corsair, Mushkin, or Kingston memory if you're
increasing the front side bus (FSB) settings to squeeze more cycles out of
the 3000+.

In the final analysis, you have a very quick system as it is. Shuttle really
doesn't allow much in the area of overclocking as the little boxes are
engineered for maximum efficiency at the best practical temp. All Shuttle
allows are increases to the FSB settings to increase CPU speeds. If your
memory isn't up to the task......down the system goes. This includes even
the simplest of settings (preset turbo and aggresive settings available to
you in the BIOS).

Hope this adds something...

Mack

SN41G2
AMD 3000+
Patriot 512 DDR PC3200
ATI Radeon 9200
FSB set at 333mhz (optimal) and memory at 400mhz (optimal)

"Rene Ruppert" <rene.ruppert@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
> has anyone successfully overclocked his SN45G? I'm running a XP 3000+ FSB
> 400 with one stick of Samsung PC3200 512MB RAM and it seems that I cannot
> tweak anything at all. The maximum setting for the overall performance is
> "optimal". Turbo or aggressive will lock up the PC.
> Setting the multiplier of the CPU doesn't do anything, it alway stays at
> 2100MHz.
>
> Just for info...don't really need more performance but it would be nice if
> there was a simple way to get more power.
>
> Thanks.
>
> cu
>
> Rene

I agree.

"Mark McKagan" <phoenix@seanet.com> wrote in message
> The problem may well be the Samsung memory. Shuttles (those with nForce2
> chipsets) work well with Corsair, Mushkin, or Kingston memory if you're
> increasing the front side bus (FSB) settings to squeeze more cycles out of
> the 3000+.
>
> In the final analysis, you have a very quick system as it is. Shuttle
really
> doesn't allow much in the area of overclocking as the little boxes are
> engineered for maximum efficiency at the best practical temp. All Shuttle
> allows are increases to the FSB settings to increase CPU speeds. If your
> memory isn't up to the task......down the system goes. This includes even
> the simplest of settings (preset turbo and aggresive settings available to
> you in the BIOS).
>
> Hope this adds something...
>
> Mack
>
> SN41G2
> AMD 3000+
> Patriot 512 DDR PC3200
> ATI Radeon 9200
> FSB set at 333mhz (optimal) and memory at 400mhz (optimal)
>
> "Rene Ruppert" <rene.ruppert@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > has anyone successfully overclocked his SN45G? I'm running a XP 3000+
FSB
> > 400 with one stick of Samsung PC3200 512MB RAM and it seems that I
cannot
> > tweak anything at all. The maximum setting for the overall performance
is
> > "optimal". Turbo or aggressive will lock up the PC.
> > Setting the multiplier of the CPU doesn't do anything, it alway stays at
> > 2100MHz.
> >
> > Just for info...don't really need more performance but it would be nice
if
> > there was a simple way to get more power.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > cu
> >
> > Rene

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Rene,

I've been successful overclocking, but it's only been with a AMD
Barton 2500+ overclocked to a 3200+ level. Not sure how much you can
overclock your 3000+.
Here's my bios settings:
FSB 200MHz, CPU Interface Aggressive, Memory Freq Auto, Memory Timing
Aggressive, CPU Voltage Select 1.75V.

- Eric

SN45G v2
AMD Barton 2500+
1GB Corsair ValueSelect DDR PC3200 (2x512MB)
200GB Seagate Barracuda
XFX geForceFX 5200 128MB