The Scrolling Forum Topics in THG Frontpage

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
did anyone realise if u use a firefox the scrolling will stop once the mouse gets into the boundary and the scrolling will SCROLL UP if u move the mouse up?

kinda irritating

many apologies if this had been addressed.

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
The scroller is supposed to stop so you can read the text. It does say so in the window ("mouseover stops scroll").

If you move the moue up, then you are enabling the natural flow of the text which is going up anyways. Don't understand the problem.

FYI, the scroller is standard html code (called "marqee").

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
i'm sorry i try to phrase it again

the scroller works in IE perfectly. for example, the text scrolls up and when my mouse is within the box, it stops. Its correct and it works.

When i move my mouse up inside the box, when using IE, it doesnt scroll. It still remains still.

however, when i use firefox, the scroller still moves up while my mouse moves up. (that is after i stopped it by moving my mouse within its boundary)

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
The scrolling is implemented using 'marqee' which is a html instruction. Now browsers all can do their own interpretation of what a 'marqee' would look like. There is really nothing we can do about it. There are many such differences between browsers, and all one can do is to work around them and make sure a page is rendered in a reasonable way.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
ill say one thing i hate damn scrolling marqee's (anytype) and would rather it was just a box with a scrollbar but hey what you gonna do.