ak31 v2.0 Bios flash gone wrong

Hi folks
I inadvertently screwed up the bios on my AK31 V2.0 by doing it wrong
(I've done it before OK but I must have been off with the fairies this
time) and now it won't POST. Does anyone have a spare bios chip they
don't need anymore? I may be able to get hold of an AK32 and try to
re-flash my chip from that but I don't know if it would work. Any
help, assistance or advice is gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Al
1 answer Last reply
More about ak31 bios flash wrong
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Hi Folks
    I'm back in action again now that I have a new Bios (Thanks to
    http://bioschips.afraid.org). I want to upgrade my CPU, which is why I
    updated the bios in the first place. The AK31 V2.0 can take up a 2100+
    0.18 micron Palomino but I wondered if I put a faster CPU in, say a
    2800+, would it still be recognised and run at the 1.73 Ghz of a
    2100+. I am just trying to see if I am better planning on a future
    mobo upgrade. Has anyone tried the faster CPUs in the AK31?
    Thanks
    Al.

    algads@the-edge.net.au (algads) wrote in message news:<d136516e.0404171706.265ff3d5@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi folks
    > I inadvertently screwed up the bios on my AK31 V2.0 by doing it wrong
    > (I've done it before OK but I must have been off with the fairies this
    > time) and now it won't POST. Does anyone have a spare bios chip they
    > don't need anymore? I may be able to get hold of an AK32 and try to
    > re-flash my chip from that but I don't know if it would work. Any
    > help, assistance or advice is gratefully accepted.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Al

BIOS Chip Flash Motherboards