Removable DVD Rom not working

ty

My Sony laptop Removable DVD Rom is not showing on the windows explorer and
will not even open. The DVD Rom works perfectly on another (similar) laptop.
It seems my laptop does not recognize the DVD Rom at all as it will not even
open. Can anyone help?

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen,
click on Disk Management. Does it show up on the right hand side of the
screen? Can you assign it a drive letter?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Ty" <Ty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Sony laptop Removable DVD Rom is not showing on the windows explorer
> and
> will not even open. The DVD Rom works perfectly on another (similar)
> laptop.
> It seems my laptop does not recognize the DVD Rom at all as it will not
> even
> open. Can anyone help?

ty

No, it did not show. The only removable media that showed is the USB Memory
stick. Is there a way to manually add the drive?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen,
> click on Disk Management. Does it show up on the right hand side of the
> screen? Can you assign it a drive letter?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "Ty" <Ty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Sony laptop Removable DVD Rom is not showing on the windows explorer
> > and
> > will not even open. The DVD Rom works perfectly on another (similar)
> > laptop.
> > It seems my laptop does not recognize the DVD Rom at all as it will not
> > even
> > open. Can anyone help?

It's either your USB port(s) or Firewire ports... whichever you use to
connect the drive to the PC. Try an alternative port.
--

> No, it did not show. The only removable media that showed is the USB
> Memory
> stick. Is there a way to manually add the drive?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen,
>> click on Disk Management. Does it show up on the right hand side of the
>> screen? Can you assign it a drive letter?
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "Ty" <Ty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My Sony laptop Removable DVD Rom is not showing on the windows explorer
>> > and
>> > will not even open. The DVD Rom works perfectly on another (similar)
>> > laptop.
>> > It seems my laptop does not recognize the DVD Rom at all as it will not
>> > even
>> > open. Can anyone help?

TRENDING THREADS