Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Conect my desktop to my laptop and use its internet connection

Last response: in Windows 7
February 10, 2011 7:52:27 PM

I have a old laptop with win 7 on it and a new desktop with win 7 also on it and my laptop has a wireleess card in it (so i am connected to the internet with it) but i dident get a wireless card for my desctop yet i want to connect the 2 with a ethernet cable and use its(the laptop) internet connection. Help??????????????/
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2011 8:03:36 PM

Markusx64 said:
I have a old laptop with win 7 on it and a new desktop with win 7 also on it and my laptop has a wireleess card in it (so i am connected to the internet with it) but i dident get a wireless card for my desctop yet i want to connect the 2 with a ethernet cable and use its(the laptop) internet connection. Help??????????????/

I believe you are trying to do Internet Connection Sharing, and it is possible in Windows.

To connect the two systems, you'd need a crossover cable, not a standard network cable. Once you do that, you can set up ICS

See if this link helps
m
l
February 10, 2011 8:13:57 PM

huron said:
I believe you are trying to do Internet Connection Sharing, and it is possible in Windows.

To connect the two systems, you'd need a crossover cable, not a standard network cable. Once you do that, you can set up ICS

See if this link helps

can usend me a link to order crosover cable (newegg or tigerdirect)
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2011 7:12:17 PM

Sorry that I didn't get back to you until now. I use CablesForLess, since it's so cheap (and quality).

Here's a link to a 14ft cable. If you need longer, they more than likely make it, but you could always use a couple to connect the crossover (which reversed the pins) to a regular ethernet cable (straight-through)

Crossover - http://www.cablesforless.com/p-608-14-foot-350mhz-cat5e...

Coupler - http://www.cablesforless.com/p-147-rj45-8-conductor-8p8...

Hope that helps.
February 20, 2011 11:24:08 AM

Best answer selected by markusX64.
m
l
Related resources
!