laptop `boot up error

at random times when I boot up my toshiba laptop I get the following error:

svchost.exe has causes an error and will close.

The system responds normally and seems fine. Is there acsolution to this
besides a clean install. It seems to have started after I tried to update
toshibas power saver program. anyway to resolve withour re loading windows

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown,
version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

cyberwasp <cyberwasp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>at random times when I boot up my toshiba laptop I get the following error:
>svchost.exe has causes an error and will close.

See "Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041). Random errors message
soften are caused by a hardware problem (RAM, CPU etc.)

--
(tm)