ak35...how do you change the front side bus from 266 to 333

curt

I am over my head here as the subject implies.
I have the ak3g5t2.
I flashed the latest bios, and installed an xp 3000+ chip, I am
running ddr 2700 memeory.
The bios screen lets me change the cpu clock, wich I did to 153 and
the machine booted as xp 3000 but would not load windows, it is only
stable at 144,(1877 mhz) the bios says the memory is at 333 but the
fsb is at 266.
Thanks for any help

Get a new MOBO to match the CPU. Your MOBO supports a 133mhz FSB. That can't
be increased because your MOBO chipset won't support it. Although your
latest BIOS supports the 3000+, it doesn't mean it will run it at the
2173mhz. It simply means that the BIOS recognizes and will accept this
particular AMD (Barton core) chip.

You have the right chip (3000+ running 166mhx FSB), the right memory (PC2700
for a 166mhz FSB MOBO), you just don't have a MOBO that supports a 166mhz
FSB.

"Curt" <benicia_mike_43@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am over my head here as the subject implies.
> I have the ak3g5t2.
> I flashed the latest bios, and installed an xp 3000+ chip, I am
> running ddr 2700 memeory.
> The bios screen lets me change the cpu clock, wich I did to 153 and
> the machine booted as xp 3000 but would not load windows, it is only
> stable at 144,(1877 mhz) the bios says the memory is at 333 but the
> fsb is at 266.
> Thanks for any help

TRENDING THREADS