Please help! No Sound in Shuttle SB61G2

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 16, 2004 6:34:40 PM

Hi,

Please help me. I just recently bought a new 20th Annerversary Edition
Shuttle PC (SB61G2) and there is no sound coming out of the any of the
sound out sockets.

I am running Windows XP and am using the motherboard's onboard sound.
I have the on board sound setting in the bios set to auto (other
option is disabled) and i have all the volume controls in windows xp
set to 90%. I have tested all of the sound out sockets using my
headphones and using my speakers. Neither produce any sound.

I don't know where else to turn, please help me. :*(

Thanks,
Ben Daniel

More about : sound shuttle sb61g2

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 16, 2004 8:25:18 PM

>I don't know where else to turn, please help me. :*(
I don't want to insult your intel., but did you install the sound
drivers? If not, doing so will help...if so, try removing and
reinstalling them.
DD

"It's easy when you know how..."
Johnny Shines
May 18, 2004 3:29:34 AM

> I don't want to insult your intel., but did you install the sound
> drivers? If not, doing so will help...if so, try removing and
> reinstalling them.

Yeah, I had installed the audio drivers and even reinstalled them.
There is nothing showing up in Device Manager as not working or
disabled. It's like windows thinks everything is fine.

Thanks,
Ben
Related resources
May 18, 2004 10:12:52 AM

>It's like windows thinks everything is fine.

Hmm, I just realised how my last post could be read. It's as if
Windows thinks everything is fine, but infact there is still no sound.
:**(

I don't know what else to do? Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Ben
May 20, 2004 11:38:48 PM

On 18 May 2004 06:12:52 -0700, bendaniel81@hotmail.com (Ben) wrote:

>>It's like windows thinks everything is fine.
>
>Hmm, I just realised how my last post could be read. It's as if
>Windows thinks everything is fine, but infact there is still no sound.
>:**(
>
>I don't know what else to do? Can anyone please help?
>
>Thanks,
>Ben

Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and then select the
Sounds tab. Scroll down and highlight Start Windows and then click
the play button below. If the button changes to a square then the
sound card is ok...and it must be connectivity. If it doesn't change
to a square (or remains greyed) then it might be the board...or
drivers.

Not much help really but at least you will know where the problem
lies.

--

Trev (Milnrow, UK)
Anonymous

You need to make sure the on board sound is turned on in the bios as well

!