Please help! No Sound in Shuttle SB61G2

Hi,

Please help me. I just recently bought a new 20th Annerversary Edition
Shuttle PC (SB61G2) and there is no sound coming out of the any of the
sound out sockets.

I am running Windows XP and am using the motherboard's onboard sound.
I have the on board sound setting in the bios set to auto (other
option is disabled) and i have all the volume controls in windows xp
set to 90%. I have tested all of the sound out sockets using my
headphones and using my speakers. Neither produce any sound.

I don't know where else to turn, please help me. :*(

Thanks,
Ben Daniel
5 answers Last reply
More about please help sound shuttle sb61g2
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    >I don't know where else to turn, please help me. :*(
    I don't want to insult your intel., but did you install the sound
    drivers? If not, doing so will help...if so, try removing and
    reinstalling them.
    DD

    "It's easy when you know how..."
    Johnny Shines
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    > I don't want to insult your intel., but did you install the sound
    > drivers? If not, doing so will help...if so, try removing and
    > reinstalling them.

    Yeah, I had installed the audio drivers and even reinstalled them.
    There is nothing showing up in Device Manager as not working or
    disabled. It's like windows thinks everything is fine.

    Thanks,
    Ben
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    >It's like windows thinks everything is fine.

    Hmm, I just realised how my last post could be read. It's as if
    Windows thinks everything is fine, but infact there is still no sound.
    :**(

    I don't know what else to do? Can anyone please help?

    Thanks,
    Ben
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    On 18 May 2004 06:12:52 -0700, bendaniel81@hotmail.com (Ben) wrote:

    >>It's like windows thinks everything is fine.
    >
    >Hmm, I just realised how my last post could be read. It's as if
    >Windows thinks everything is fine, but infact there is still no sound.
    >:**(
    >
    >I don't know what else to do? Can anyone please help?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Ben

    Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and then select the
    Sounds tab. Scroll down and highlight Start Windows and then click
    the play button below. If the button changes to a square then the
    sound card is ok...and it must be connectivity. If it doesn't change
    to a square (or remains greyed) then it might be the board...or
    drivers.

    Not much help really but at least you will know where the problem
    lies.

    --

    Trev (Milnrow, UK)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    You need to make sure the on board sound is turned on in the bios as well

    "Trev" <trev@beltman.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On 18 May 2004 06:12:52 -0700, bendaniel81@hotmail.com (Ben) wrote:
    >
    > >>It's like windows thinks everything is fine.
    > >
    > >Hmm, I just realised how my last post could be read. It's as if
    > >Windows thinks everything is fine, but infact there is still no sound.
    > >:**(
    > >
    > >I don't know what else to do? Can anyone please help?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Ben
    >
    > Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and then select the
    > Sounds tab. Scroll down and highlight Start Windows and then click
    > the play button below. If the button changes to a square then the
    > sound card is ok...and it must be connectivity. If it doesn't change
    > to a square (or remains greyed) then it might be the board...or
    > drivers.
    >
    > Not much help really but at least you will know where the problem
    > lies.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Trev (Milnrow, UK)

Shuttle Motherboards