SS51G - no POST or video at power up?

Hi,

Have just replaced a dead PSU in an SS51G. I now have lights and whirring
(better than before!) but no power on bleep or any video display at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fred.
2 answers Last reply
More about ss51g post video power
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Yes. This sounds familiar. You need to completely clear your BIOS. Your
    manual should document how to do this. It involves the movement of a jumper
    on the motherboard for a few minutes. Do exactly what the manual describes
    and your motherboard should begin to post again.

    "Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Have just replaced a dead PSU in an SS51G. I now have lights and whirring
    > (better than before!) but no power on bleep or any video display at all.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Fred.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "Mark McKagan" <phoenix@seanet.com> wrote in message
    > Yes. This sounds familiar. You need to completely clear your BIOS. Your
    > manual should document how to do this. It involves the movement of a
    jumper
    > on the motherboard for a few minutes. Do exactly what the manual describes
    > and your motherboard should begin to post again.

    Thanks. tried it with no joy, but maybe I didn't leave the jumper off long
    enough. Will try it again.

    Fred.

Power Up Video Motherboards