SS51G - no POST or video at power up?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 24, 2004 8:54:07 AM

Hi,

Have just replaced a dead PSU in an SS51G. I now have lights and whirring
(better than before!) but no power on bleep or any video display at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fred.

More about : ss51g post video power

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2004 3:15:36 AM

Yes. This sounds familiar. You need to completely clear your BIOS. Your
manual should document how to do this. It involves the movement of a jumper
on the motherboard for a few minutes. Do exactly what the manual describes
and your motherboard should begin to post again.

"Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have just replaced a dead PSU in an SS51G. I now have lights and whirring
> (better than before!) but no power on bleep or any video display at all.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2004 7:52:23 AM

"Mark McKagan" <phoenix@seanet.com> wrote in message
> Yes. This sounds familiar. You need to completely clear your BIOS. Your
> manual should document how to do this. It involves the movement of a
jumper
> on the motherboard for a few minutes. Do exactly what the manual describes
> and your motherboard should begin to post again.

Thanks. tried it with no joy, but maybe I didn't leave the jumper off long
enough. Will try it again.

Fred.
!