Can I get into the BIOS with no CPU etc installed?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2004 8:56:17 PM

Hi,

Can I get into the BIOS of a Shuttle if it has power, but no CPU, RAM and
hard drive isntalled? If not, what's the bare minimum I need in it to look
at the BIOS settings?

Cheers,

Fred.

More about : bios cpu installed

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2004 8:56:18 PM

"Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can I get into the BIOS of a Shuttle if it has power, but no CPU, RAM and
> hard drive isntalled? If not, what's the bare minimum I need in it to look
> at the BIOS settings?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fred.

Fred,
You need the CPU (with cooling fitted) and RAM and don't need the
HD,CDROM or Floppy drives.
Dave
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2004 3:08:09 AM

Agree. The BIOS won't know how to configure itself without a CPU (w/cooling)
and memory. The other standard internals would be nice as
well.....particularly a hard drive and cd-rom.

"logized" <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can I get into the BIOS of a Shuttle if it has power, but no CPU, RAM
and
> > hard drive isntalled? If not, what's the bare minimum I need in it to
look
> > at the BIOS settings?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Fred.
> >

> Fred,
> You need the CPU (with cooling fitted) and RAM and don't need the
> HD,CDROM or Floppy drives.
> Dave

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2004 7:53:12 AM

"Mark McKagan" <phoenix@seanet.com> wrote in message
> Agree. The BIOS won't know how to configure itself without a CPU
(w/cooling)
> and memory. The other standard internals would be nice as
> well.....particularly a hard drive and cd-rom.

Thanks guys. You were right. I wanted to test before putting the disk cage
in if poss.

Fred.