Can I get into the BIOS with no CPU etc installed?

Hi,

Can I get into the BIOS of a Shuttle if it has power, but no CPU, RAM and
hard drive isntalled? If not, what's the bare minimum I need in it to look
at the BIOS settings?

Cheers,

Fred.
3 answers Last reply
More about bios installed
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can I get into the BIOS of a Shuttle if it has power, but no CPU, RAM and
    > hard drive isntalled? If not, what's the bare minimum I need in it to look
    > at the BIOS settings?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Fred.

    Fred,
    You need the CPU (with cooling fitted) and RAM and don't need the
    HD,CDROM or Floppy drives.
    Dave
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Agree. The BIOS won't know how to configure itself without a CPU (w/cooling)
    and memory. The other standard internals would be nice as
    well.....particularly a hard drive and cd-rom.

    "logized" <no-one@nowhere.com> wrote in message

    > "Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Can I get into the BIOS of a Shuttle if it has power, but no CPU, RAM
    and
    > > hard drive isntalled? If not, what's the bare minimum I need in it to
    look
    > > at the BIOS settings?
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Fred.
    > >

    > Fred,
    > You need the CPU (with cooling fitted) and RAM and don't need the
    > HD,CDROM or Floppy drives.
    > Dave

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "Mark McKagan" <phoenix@seanet.com> wrote in message
    > Agree. The BIOS won't know how to configure itself without a CPU
    (w/cooling)
    > and memory. The other standard internals would be nice as
    > well.....particularly a hard drive and cd-rom.

    Thanks guys. You were right. I wanted to test before putting the disk cage
    in if poss.

    Fred.

Shuttle BIOS CPUs Motherboards