ST62K problems...

Hi,

I have set up a Shuttle ST62K wit a 3 GHz P4 Northwood, 2x256 MB
Corsair PC3200 (XMS3200LL, also tried with a single Corsair PC3200
512MB) and a Hitachi 7K250 250GB P-ATA-drive.

Installing Windows XP is without any trouble, but after the install I
can't get Windows started. I have updated the BIOS to the latest
version, but that didn't help much. It just freeze showing the Windows
XP startup-screen. I have tried to underclock CPU and memory and a lot
of other different settings in the BIOS. If it matters, the indicator
in the XP startup screen ain't in the same position on each freeze.

Suggestions?

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

1)Try starting in safe mode..... hold down the F8 key while booting.
Download the latest video drivers from ATI
2) Reset the bios on the motherboard jumper.

"Clas Mehus" <clas.mehus@idg.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have set up a Shuttle ST62K wit a 3 GHz P4 Northwood, 2x256 MB
> Corsair PC3200 (XMS3200LL, also tried with a single Corsair PC3200
> 512MB) and a Hitachi 7K250 250GB P-ATA-drive.
>
> Installing Windows XP is without any trouble, but after the install I
> can't get Windows started. I have updated the BIOS to the latest
> version, but that didn't help much. It just freeze showing the Windows
> XP startup-screen. I have tried to underclock CPU and memory and a lot
> of other different settings in the BIOS. If it matters, the indicator
> in the XP startup screen ain't in the same position on each freeze.
>
> Suggestions?
>

> --
> Clas Mehus
> Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/
> "Den som har flest prylar när han dör vinner..."

On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:35:06 +0900, "David Jones"
<david.jones@eontec.com> wrote:

>1)Try starting in safe mode..... hold down the F8 key while booting.
>Download the latest video drivers from ATI

Done, that, it have worken all the time. No videodrivers installed
yet. Hmm.. havn't tried installed them under safemode-

No errormessages in event viewer. Is very early in the startup-process
it freeze.

>2) Reset the bios on the motherboard jumper.

Tried that also. And also upgraded BIOS.

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/
"Den som har flest prylar när han dör vinner..."

TRENDING THREADS