conexant driver automatic update

update will not load into my presario 2500, laptop, which now has recently
loaded xp upgrade pack , modem seems plagued with disconnects. When on line
everything runs very slow? To start system I had to rollback to a older modem
driver. any ideas? Is the chipset bad?
--
jerry

I have a conexant modem in my Presario desktop and have had prloblems with
the conexant drivers, so I just use the microsoft signed SoftV92 Data Fax
Modem driver with is included in XP. Seems to work fine.
"JerryS" <JerryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> update will not load into my presario 2500, laptop, which now has recently
> loaded xp upgrade pack , modem seems plagued with disconnects. When on
> line
> everything runs very slow? To start system I had to rollback to a older
> modem
> driver. any ideas? Is the chipset bad?
> --
> jerry

I can try that but can't find that driver the only listed are STANDARD.