Help Choose Colour Laser Printer

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi

My needs are a printer that will turn out good quality A4 sized documents
most with colour photos on the front, some with colour photos both sides but
manual duplexing is OK as I am looking at the budget end of the options.
Around £500.

My major problem is that at 5.00 pm each weekday I am made aware of how many
copies each of varying files are required to be posted off with the post
time no later than 6.00 pm. So one hour and I find the number each day
varies considerably. Could be as low as 6 differing docs varying from 1 copy
to 6 copies. Could be higher at 20 different docs varying from 1 but up to
10 copies.

My concern is how long and labour intensive will be the printing.

I have been using an outside printer but with a minimum run of 10 copies and
24 hours notice required it is becoming a problem.

Heeelp!

Phil

peter

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:30:10 +0100, Phil wrote:

> My needs are a printer that will turn out good quality A4 sized documents
> most with colour photos on the front, some with colour photos both sides but
> manual duplexing is OK as I am looking at the budget end of the options.
> Around £500.

The Oki C5200n is probably the fastest colour laser printer available at
that price range, printing at around 16ppm in colour.

You could also look at the Xerox 8400B solid ink printer, it will print at
up to 24ppm in colour but if you print at the highest resolution the speed
drops down considerably.

The Samsung CLP-500 is also available, it comes with duplex as standard but
it only prints at 5ppm in colour (single sided, duplex will be even
slower).

In terms of quality I believe the Oki and Xerox printers will produce
better quality output than the Samsung (in my opinion).

Peter
http://www.printerbase.co.uk/

In message <1wl6567lkk89k$.9jwxcols3mps$.dlg@40tude.net>, Peter
<printerbase@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:30:10 +0100, Phil wrote:
>
>> My needs are a printer that will turn out good quality A4 sized documents
>> most with colour photos on the front, some with colour photos both sides but
>> manual duplexing is OK as I am looking at the budget end of the options.
>> Around £500.
>
>The Oki C5200n is probably the fastest colour laser printer available at
>that price range, printing at around 16ppm in colour.
>
>You could also look at the Xerox 8400B solid ink printer, it will print at
>up to 24ppm in colour but if you print at the highest resolution the speed
>drops down considerably.
>
>The Samsung CLP-500 is also available, it comes with duplex as standard but
>it only prints at 5ppm in colour (single sided, duplex will be even
>slower).
>
>In terms of quality I believe the Oki and Xerox printers will produce
>better quality output than the Samsung (in my opinion).

My Xerox 8200, which the 8400 replaced is much better quality output,
even without the higher quality settings, than my previous QMS laser,
which was normal toner as opposed to the solid ink system of the Xerox
8xxx

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
tlatwightpropertydotcom

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Peter" <printerbase@yahoo.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:30:10 +0100, Phil wrote:
>
> > My needs are a printer that will turn out good quality A4 sized
documents
> > most with colour photos on the front, some with colour photos both sides
but
> > manual duplexing is OK as I am looking at the budget end of the options.
> > Around £500.
>
> The Oki C5200n is probably the fastest colour laser printer available at
> that price range, printing at around 16ppm in colour.

OKI ..is not a laser printer...il led tecnology....good machine.