Dual Channel Memory

Hi guys
Got a question about DDR memory.
I have a DFI Lanparty board, can run memory in dual channel mode.
What is the difference between Dual Channel Memory or regular memory run in
dual channel mode.
Is there any performance difference if i use Dual Channel memory in the dual
channel mode or regular memory in the dual channel mode.
I don't see any difference acording to the few specs i have looked at.
Or is this just a sales gimic.
Thanks all
--
Carl G

Fitz

Dual Channel Memory- DDR memory purported to run in dual channel
motherboards with tighter timings resulting in better performance. From the
little I've read, some memory advertised (and priced) as "Dual Channel
Memory" means only that it has been tested on a motherboard in dual channel
mode and it works. Yeah, that's worth paying extra for.

The OCZ website has their explanation on their line of it, and there are a
couple reviews on it online also.

Fitz

The biggest diffrence is single channel size wont match the higher size
in MB per card.Other than size thier both the same,you can combine the
two also,however dual would run in slots 1 and 3,while the other 2 and 4
or switch the combination,but they must run in pairs.

"Carl G" wrote:

> Hi guys
> Got a question about DDR memory.
> I have a DFI Lanparty board, can run memory in dual channel mode.
> What is the difference between Dual Channel Memory or regular memory run in
> dual channel mode.
> Is there any performance difference if i use Dual Channel memory in the dual
> channel mode or regular memory in the dual channel mode.
> I don't see any difference acording to the few specs i have looked at.
> Or is this just a sales gimic.
> Thanks all
> --
> Carl G

Hi Guys
thanks for all the info.
Guess i will stick with my Regular DDR 3200.
Thanks again

--
Carl G