Hi,
2 days ago my son was opening and closing my running laptop and suddenly
monitor went black. It looks like monitor is covered with clear black screen.
I can see icons and open programs but can not work on that laptop. Any idea
what's wrong with the monitor. I have checked advanced settings and
everything looks Ok. Please help.

Turn up the hardware screen brightness, the "Fn" button plus the
"lightbulb" button. If that doesn't do it, the wire to the "backlight"
might have broken, but that will take a trip to the computer shop to fix.

Marzena wrote:

> Hi,
> 2 days ago my son was opening and closing my running laptop and suddenly
> monitor went black. It looks like monitor is covered with clear black screen.
> I can see icons and open programs but can not work on that laptop. Any idea
> what's wrong with the monitor. I have checked advanced settings and
> everything looks Ok. Please help.

Hi Bob,
I have tried Fn and lightbulb buttons trick and System Restore. Nothing
works. I think it's the broken wire...
Thanks for the advice.

Sorry, hope it doesn't cost you too much to get fixed. Perhaps a call to
the manufacturer, and under warranty?