Computer not detecting my kodak dx6490

When I plug my camera in to either front or back USB port nothing happens.
The computer does not detect anything connected. I know it is not the camera
because it works on other computers. My printer is connected be the USB port
in back of hard drive. Have tried to Uninstall USB in device mangaer and that
does not work. In my computer no camera Icon appers either. I noticed in the
control panel under cameras and scanners, when you click on Add Imaging
Device and the wizard starts, you click The Manufa. which is Kodak and the
Model number of my camera is not listed. How do I get it on the list. My
camera is compatible with the Windows XP Home Edition according to Kodak.

xfile

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2004

Hi,

And I assume you've downloaded and installed the latest driver followed
instructions?

"sarahsopie" <sarahsopie@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:C7BE42A6-C9A7-4045-99F4-CD4A69676636@microsoft.com...

xfile Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> And I assume you've downloaded and installed the latest driver
> followed
> instructions?
>

> "sarahsopie" sarahsopie@discussions.microsoft.com
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:C7BE42A6-C9A7-4045-99F4-CD4A69676636@microsoft.com...-
> When I plug my camera in to either front or back USB port nothing
> happens.
> The computer does not detect anything connected. I know it is not the
> camera
> because it works on other computers. My printer is connected be the
> USB
> port
> in back of hard drive. Have tried to Uninstall USB in device mangaer
> and
> that
> does not work. In my computer no camera Icon appers either. I noticed
> in
> the
> control panel under cameras and scanners, when you click on Add
> Imaging
> Device and the wizard starts, you click The Manufa. which is Kodak and
> the
> Model number of my camera is not listed. How do I get it on the list.
> My
> camera is compatible with the Windows XP Home Edition according to
> Kodak.-

sarahsopie,
Here's the site for your XP drivers.
'Kodak' (http://tinyurl.com/5qd65)
24mb download, hope your not on dial-up!
Print out the installation instructions, and download to a folder you
can find later. If you already installed Kodak software for this
camera; go to Control Panel, Add/remove programs, and delete the old
Kodak software first, before you install the new software. (reboot
after uninstalling and before updating)
Hope this is of value.
Treeman

--
Treeman

Hi,
Installed latest drivers, but I shouldn't need kodak software to transfer
pics. In the Camera Wizard for installation my camera is not even listed as a
choice. Can you add a camera into the camera.

sarah

sarahsopie Wrote:
> Hi,
> Installed latest drivers, but I shouldn't need kodak software to
> transfer
> pics. In the Camera Wizard for installation my camera is not even
> listed as a
> choice. Can you add a camera into the camera.
>
> sarah
>
> "Treeman" wrote:
> -
>
> xfile Wrote:-
> Hi,
>
> And I assume you've downloaded and installed the latest driver
> followed
> instructions?
>

> "sarahsopie" sarahsopie@discussions.microsoft.com
>
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:C7BE42A6-C9A7-4045-99F4-CD4A69676636@microsoft.com...-
> When I plug my camera in to either front or back USB port nothing
> happens.
> The computer does not detect anything connected. I know it is not
> the
> camera
> because it works on other computers. My printer is connected be the
> USB
> port
> in back of hard drive. Have tried to Uninstall USB in device mangaer
> and
> that
> does not work. In my computer no camera Icon appers either. I
> noticed
> in
> the
> control panel under cameras and scanners, when you click on Add
> Imaging
> Device and the wizard starts, you click The Manufa. which is Kodak
> and
> the
> Model number of my camera is not listed. How do I get it on the
> list.
> My
> camera is compatible with the Windows XP Home Edition according to
> Kodak.--
>

> sarahsopie,
> Here's the site for your XP drivers.
> 'Kodak' (http://tinyurl.com/5qd65)
> 24mb download, hope your not on dial-up!
> Print out the installation instructions, and download to a folder you
> can find later. If you already installed Kodak software for this
> camera; go to Control Panel, Add/remove programs, and delete the old
> Kodak software first, before you install the new software. (reboot
> after uninstalling and before updating)
> Hope this is of value.
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman
> -

Looks like you need the WIA drivers for your camera. Look at this
'Kodak' (http://tinyurl.com/65aga) site and see if your camera shows up
in device manager. If it does, download and install the Camera
Connection software for WINDOWS XP systems (CCS14.exe). All it needs is
an .inf file for the camera.
Treeman
( www.google.com is your friend )

--
Treeman

Hi again,
I think we are maybe one step closer. I think your last advice would work
however, when I plug in my camera nothing happens on the computer, it does
not show up in device manager. Now, I can go into Camera/Scanner Wizard and
click on Kodak and the model number of my camera does not show up as an
option. For giggles I just picked one off of the list and installed it. Now
if I do the instructions from the page that you listed below I can go into
imaging devices click on the camera I installed from the list (which is not
my camera), click the update drivers. Click the Compatible drivers and then
the full list of Kodak Cameras comes up with mine on it. I finish everything
and It says the Wizard has finished installing the software for Kodak dx6490,
however it still does not show up in my device manager. What now, and thanks
for all your help so far.

Sarah

sarahsopie Wrote:
> [...]
> 24mb download, hope your not on dial-up!
> Print out the installation instructions, and download to a folder
> you
> can find later. If you already installed Kodak software for this
> camera; go to Control Panel, Add/remove programs, and delete the old
> Kodak software first, before you install the new software. (reboot
> after uninstalling and before updating)
> Hope this is of value.
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman
> --
>
> Looks like you need the WIA drivers for your camera. Look at this
> 'Kodak' (http://tinyurl.com/65aga) site and see if your camera shows
> up
> in device manager. If it does, download and install the Camera
> Connection software for WINDOWS XP systems (CCS14.exe). All it needs

Only one more thing I can think of you can try. (well 2 actually)
First without the camera plugged in, go to device manager and uninstall
any usb devices for your motherboard. When you re-boot Windows will find
the devices and load the drivers again. (Universal Serial Bus
Controllers, USB)
Second, if that didn't work, try rebooting with the camera plugged in.
In both scenarios, the camera selector has to be in the download
pictures mode. (connect to transfer)
That's all I've got for now. This seems to be a normal side effect for
SP2.
Your not alone.
Best,
Treeman