CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive wont burn or errase,Keeps saying Inser..

I have a Sony Laptop with a Matshita UJ-810 dvd-cd rom drive that wont burn
cdrw disks. However, It works fine w/ cd-r disks. I have contacted Sony and
they as usual are of no help. When tring to burn a cdrw it keeps telling me
to insert blank disk and when trying to errase one it gives me error code
011-02-1043. Do I need to download a third-party pre-mastering, or packet
writing application as Sony has recommended? Please help.

Send responses to lovethydog@npgcable.com

Mike

Splendid

Is there a new firmare available?? What recording software was delievered
with the cd burner??

Mike

"Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a Sony Laptop with a Matshita UJ-810 dvd-cd rom drive that wont burn
> cdrw disks. However, It works fine w/ cd-r disks. I have contacted Sony
> and
> they as usual are of no help. When tring to burn a cdrw it keeps telling
> me
> to insert blank disk and when trying to errase one it gives me error code
> 011-02-1043. Do I need to download a third-party pre-mastering, or packet
> writing application as Sony has recommended? Please help.
>
> Send responses to lovethydog@npgcable.com

I'm trying to use Drag'n Drop CD+DVD Version 3.00. This is what came on the
pc when purchased. I see nowhere to update the software, so I dont know if
there is any patches etc to update.

"Mike" wrote:

> Is there a new firmare available?? What recording software was delievered
> with the cd burner??
>
> Mike
>

> "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I have a Sony Laptop with a Matshita UJ-810 dvd-cd rom drive that wont burn
> > cdrw disks. However, It works fine w/ cd-r disks. I have contacted Sony
> > and
> > they as usual are of no help. When tring to burn a cdrw it keeps telling
> > me
> > to insert blank disk and when trying to errase one it gives me error code
> > 011-02-1043. Do I need to download a third-party pre-mastering, or packet
> > writing application as Sony has recommended? Please help.
> >
> > Send responses to lovethydog@npgcable.com

Drag and Drop is part of Roxio Easy CD/DVD (or Media) Creator. You should
check on www.roxio.com for updates.

"Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use Drag'n Drop CD+DVD Version 3.00. This is what came on
> the
> pc when purchased. I see nowhere to update the software, so I dont know if
> there is any patches etc to update.
>
> "Mike" wrote:
>
>> Is there a new firmare available?? What recording software was delievered
>> with the cd burner??
>>
>> Mike
>>

>> "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >I have a Sony Laptop with a Matshita UJ-810 dvd-cd rom drive that wont
>> >burn
>> > cdrw disks. However, It works fine w/ cd-r disks. I have contacted Sony
>> > and
>> > they as usual are of no help. When tring to burn a cdrw it keeps
>> > telling
>> > me
>> > to insert blank disk and when trying to errase one it gives me error
>> > code
>> > 011-02-1043. Do I need to download a third-party pre-mastering, or
>> > packet
>> > writing application as Sony has recommended? Please help.
>> >
>> > Send responses to lovethydog@npgcable.com

You can also try using Nero, which is compatible with most CD-Writers:

http://www.download.com/3000-2646-10028984.html

----
Abhilash Tibrewal