Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 conecting/disconecting

Hi,
I have Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A (the most basic MS
Optical mouse) and it apears as disconnected and stop working.
A second later it connect again and works fine for a few minutes
and then, the problem repeats.

Anyone knows what can be causing this? The mouse? Heat? USB voltage
problems?

I experienced this on an:
1 Mouse on: Asus Nforce2 A7N8X-Deluxe - Windows XP Sp1
1 Mouse on: Asus Nforce2 A7N8X-VM - Windows ME

Any feedback is welcome.
Many thanks
Oliver
2 answers Last reply
More about wheel mouse optical conecting disconecting

    If this mouse is a "wired" mouse, it may be a mouse cable. With the price
    of mice nowadays, buy a replacement unit and try that one.

    "oliversl" <news.oliver@samera.com.py> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A (the most basic MS
    > Optical mouse) and it apears as disconnected and stop working.
    > A second later it connect again and works fine for a few minutes
    > and then, the problem repeats.
    >
    > Anyone knows what can be causing this? The mouse? Heat? USB voltage
    > problems?
    >
    > I experienced this on an:
    > 1 Mouse on: Asus Nforce2 A7N8X-Deluxe - Windows XP Sp1
    > 1 Mouse on: Asus Nforce2 A7N8X-VM - Windows ME
    >
    > Any feedback is welcome.
    > Many thanks
    > Oliver

    Hi Yves,
    yes, is wired.
    Anyone is having this problem? Its a really good mouse,
    good design and materials.
    I used it always in my desk, but I think maybe its the cable.

Mice Connection Microsoft Windows XP Product