Shuttle AK32VN MB + AMD 2400+

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Got a great deal on the combo, but can't get it working. I have a
Micron 128MB PC2100 266 MHz memory stick and ATI Radeon video cards as
the only things connected to the MB. It boots and shows the right
amount of memory attached to the board. Then it displays that it is
searching for IDE devices and the system shuts down. I have a 400
watt power supply connected to the MB. Any ideas?

Is the 400 watt PS AMD ready? I would guess that the ps might be shutting
down, but I am not sure. :)

Unhook all extra components from the MB and just have processor, cpu fan,
video card and memory and see what it does then (No drives and no other
cards). Let us know.
If that still doesn't work, try it with the MB out of the case.

Also triple check all wiring plugs on the MB. I mistakenly hooked up one
wrong when putting my new system together. <g>
--
later,
dave

my system:
AK32VN v3.1 (set J2 jumper so CPU reads 2400+)
AMD XP 2400 with cooler fan
1 x 256 Centon ddr 266MHz PC2100
1 x 256 Kingston ddr 266MHz PC2100
Antec case (new Antec True Power 430 Watt Power Supply)
NEW WD 40 gig Hard Drive
Diamond Stealth 540III AGP 32MB
AVerDVD EZMaker Video Capture Card
XP Home