How to use the USB Scanner / Printer wirelessly

bj

Hi,

I want to use the USB devices like scanner etc with the wireless notebook,
Is there some adapters available which can make the USB port available over
802.11 or Bluetooth to connect to Windows machine.

Rgds,
BJ

Hi
Regular scanners are Not Ethernet compatible devices.
You have to get a scanner or All In One Combo that is Network capable.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#vt9JXJNFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> Hi,
>
> I want to use the USB devices like scanner etc with the wireless notebook,
> Is there some adapters available which can make the USB port available over
> 802.11 or Bluetooth to connect to Windows machine.
>
> Rgds,
> BJ

bj

http://store.yahoo.com/priorityelectronics/fw5pousb20fi.html

http://www.coolgear.com/productdetails1.cfm?sku=USBG-1394-U2&catid=163,103,318,538,287,303,302,2345&cats=134

http://www.usbmax.com/USBG-1394-U2_USB_2.0_+_1394_FireWire_PCI_Add-On_Card_for_Window.cfm

I got some of the links from Google on "All in one combo", but they all
require at least one PC.

However, I wanted to let notebook and USB devices (like external CD drive)
to talk of their own with the help of some independent piece of hardware,

Some more links may help,

With Rgds,

BJ

"Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> Hi
> Regular scanners are Not Ethernet compatible devices.
> You have to get a scanner or All In One Combo that is Network capable.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to use the USB devices like scanner etc with the wireless
>> notebook,
>> Is there some adapters available which can make the USB port available
>> over
>> 802.11 or Bluetooth to connect to Windows machine.
>>
>> Rgds,
>> BJ

Hi
If a All in One device is Network ready you can find an Ethernet to Wireless adapter for
it.
You can not make USB CD Drive Wireless, it needs a computer on one side.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKhkRQMNFHA.3356@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> http://store.yahoo.com/priorityelectronics/fw5pousb20fi.html

http://www.coolgear.com/productdetails1.cfm?sku=USBG-1394-U2&catid=163,103,318,538,287,3
03,302,2345&cats=134

http://www.usbmax.com/USBG-1394-U2_USB_2.0_+_1394_FireWire_PCI_Add-On_Card_for_Window.cf

> I got some of the links from Google on "All in one combo", but they all
> require at least one PC.
>
> However, I wanted to let notebook and USB devices (like external CD drive)
> to talk of their own with the help of some independent piece of hardware,
>
> Some more links may help,
>

> With Rgds,
>
> BJ
>

> "Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > Regular scanners are Not Ethernet compatible devices.
> > You have to get a scanner or All In One Combo that is Network capable.
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >

> > "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I want to use the USB devices like scanner etc with the wireless
> >> notebook,
> >> Is there some adapters available which can make the USB port available
> >> over
> >> 802.11 or Bluetooth to connect to Windows machine.
> >>
> >> Rgds,
> >> BJ

bj

Got one interesting device from Google:
http://www.digi.com/products/usb/anywhereusb.jsp

This can solve most of the problems, the issues are the unavailability of
user reviews and price (too expensive, I can have a economical server in
that cost),

Looking for similar devices like Bluetooth USB Printer Adapter that can also
be used with these peripherals,

> Hi
> If a All in One device is Network ready you can find an Ethernet to
> Wireless adapter for
> it.
> You can not make USB CD Drive Wireless, it needs a computer on one side.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> http://store.yahoo.com/priorityelectronics/fw5pousb20fi.html
>>

> http://www.coolgear.com/productdetails1.cfm?sku=USBG-1394-U2&catid=163,103,318,538,287,3
> 03,302,2345&cats=134
>>

> http://www.usbmax.com/USBG-1394-U2_USB_2.0_+_1394_FireWire_PCI_Add-On_Card_for_Window.cf
>>

>> I got some of the links from Google on "All in one combo", but they all
>> require at least one PC.
>>
>> However, I wanted to let notebook and USB devices (like external CD
>> drive)
>> to talk of their own with the help of some independent piece of hardware,
>>
>> Some more links may help,
>>

>> With Rgds,
>>
>> BJ
>>

>> "Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > Regular scanners are Not Ethernet compatible devices.
>> > You have to get a scanner or All In One Combo that is Network capable.
>> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
>> >

>> > "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hi
I agree Interesting device.
Probably Not popular because in most cases a cheaper solution can be found.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uzyI9OUNFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> Got one interesting device from Google:
> http://www.digi.com/products/usb/anywhereusb.jsp
>
> This can solve most of the problems, the issues are the unavailability of
> user reviews and price (too expensive, I can have a economical server in
> that cost),
>

> Looking for similar devices like Bluetooth USB Printer Adapter that can also
> be used with these peripherals,
>

> Rgds,
>
> BJ
>

> "Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > If a All in One device is Network ready you can find an Ethernet to
> > Wireless adapter for
> > it.
> > You can not make USB CD Drive Wireless, it needs a computer on one side.
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >

> > "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> http://store.yahoo.com/priorityelectronics/fw5pousb20fi.html

http://www.coolgear.com/productdetails1.cfm?sku=USBG-1394-U2&catid=163,103,318,538,287,3
> > 03,302,2345&cats=134

http://www.usbmax.com/USBG-1394-U2_USB_2.0_+_1394_FireWire_PCI_Add-On_Card_for_Window.cf

> >> I got some of the links from Google on "All in one combo", but they all
> >> require at least one PC.
> >>
> >> However, I wanted to let notebook and USB devices (like external CD
> >> drive)
> >> to talk of their own with the help of some independent piece of hardware,
> >>
> >> Some more links may help,
> >>

> >> With Rgds,
> >>
> >> BJ
> >>

> >> "Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message

why look so far.
there are cheap wireless print servers you can buy.

"Jack (MVP)" wrote:

> Hi
> I agree Interesting device.
> Probably Not popular because in most cases a cheaper solution can be found.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uzyI9OUNFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >

> > Got one interesting device from Google:
> > http://www.digi.com/products/usb/anywhereusb.jsp
> >
> > This can solve most of the problems, the issues are the unavailability of
> > user reviews and price (too expensive, I can have a economical server in
> > that cost),
> >

> > Looking for similar devices like Bluetooth USB Printer Adapter that can also
> > be used with these peripherals,
> >

> > Rgds,
> >
> > BJ
> >

> > "Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > If a All in One device is Network ready you can find an Ethernet to
> > > Wireless adapter for
> > > it.
> > > You can not make USB CD Drive Wireless, it needs a computer on one side.
> > > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> > >

> > > "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >>

> http://www.coolgear.com/productdetails1.cfm?sku=USBG-1394-U2&catid=163,103,318,538,287,3
> > > 03,302,2345&cats=134
> > >>

> http://www.usbmax.com/USBG-1394-U2_USB_2.0_+_1394_FireWire_PCI_Add-On_Card_for_Window.cf

bj

Looking for some device that can connect external USB CD writer using
wireless solution, similar to print server

"Gerard Hermans" <GerardHermans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why look so far.
> there are cheap wireless print servers you can buy.
>
> "Jack (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I agree Interesting device.
>> Probably Not popular because in most cases a cheaper solution can be
>> found.
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>

>> "BJ" <jainbi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > Got one interesting device from Google:
>> > http://www.digi.com/products/usb/anywhereusb.jsp
>> >
>> > This can solve most of the problems, the issues are the unavailability
>> > of
>> > user reviews and price (too expensive, I can have a economical server
>> > in
>> > that cost),
>> >

>> > Looking for similar devices like Bluetooth USB Printer Adapter that can
>> > also
>> > be used with these peripherals,
>> >

>> > Rgds,
>> >
>> > BJ
>> >

>> > "Jack (MVP)" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message

>> http://www.coolgear.com/productdetails1.cfm?sku=USBG-1394-U2&catid=163,103,318,538,287,3
>> > >>

>> http://www.usbmax.com/USBG-1394-U2_USB_2.0_+_1394_FireWire_PCI_Add-On_Card_for_Window.cf

if i understand you looking for this
USB SERVER NETWORK ATTACHED USBPERPHOST CONTROLLER
here you can connect the scanner or disk to