I recently installed a 2nd monitor on my PC. Monitor #1 is the 'main'
monitor, while #2 is the 'extended' monitor.

Win-Xp Pro a Nvidia FX5700 video card., 1 DVI input and 1 analog input.
Monitor #1 is Analog, #2 is the digital one (DVI)

Everything seems to be working ok, dragging from one to the other, etc. I
am however having a problem with the
Windows Media Player. When I open the player on monitor #1, be it full
screen or smaller it also plays on monitor #2. On
monitor #2 it's all black with the video playing in the center. I can drag
the media player to monitor #2 and the image on #2 moves to
monitor #1, but full screen. At this point I am in trouble as I can not
move it back and have to reboot the machine as I can't get the start button
to show on the screen under the image. I have seen other multiple monitor
setups that work perfectly with the media player, but mine isn't being
perfect. I have
checked the player for options, but can not find any that might fix this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

...Chip..

That's probably "Dual-View" and is one of the options of the graphics
driver. It's "purpose" is to allow one to output to 2nd display (which as
often as not is a tv) a full screen video while keeping it a small window on
primary display. Presumably so one can do something else with the pc while
the movies playing.

Just go into your nView settings and change it to one of the other settings
if you don't like it, e.g. Horizontal or Vertical etc.

"Charles Shapiro" <cshapiro2@cox.net> wrote in message
>I recently installed a 2nd monitor on my PC. Monitor #1 is the 'main'
>monitor, while #2 is the 'extended' monitor.
>
> Win-Xp Pro a Nvidia FX5700 video card., 1 DVI input and 1 analog input.
> Monitor #1 is Analog, #2 is the digital one (DVI)
>
> Everything seems to be working ok, dragging from one to the other, etc. I
> am however having a problem with the
> Windows Media Player. When I open the player on monitor #1, be it full
> screen or smaller it also plays on monitor #2. On
> monitor #2 it's all black with the video playing in the center. I can
> drag the media player to monitor #2 and the image on #2 moves to
> monitor #1, but full screen. At this point I am in trouble as I can not
> move it back and have to reboot the machine as I can't get the start
> button
> to show on the screen under the image. I have seen other multiple
> monitor setups that work perfectly with the media player, but mine isn't
> being perfect. I have
> checked the player for options, but can not find any that might fix this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ..Chip..

Thanks. I had seen those options for vertical & horizontal and that didn't
work for me. I went back into the properties and on the Desktop Management
page in the Display Properties under Full Screen Controls found it set to
"Auto Select". I changed it to 'Disabled' and it now only plays on one
monitor. I don't know what else it might have changed, but so far so good.

...Chip..