Imageing my hard drive

Hi guys and gals
I have the software , True Image. If i create an image of my hard drive with
XP home , all updated and activated, can i restore that image to a new hard
drive or the same hard drive after formatting, without reactivateing again ?
Thanks

--
Carl G

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

There is no need to format any drive you want to restore an image to, even a
new drive out of the box.

"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
Hi guys and gals
I have the software , True Image. If i create an image of my hard drive with
XP home , all updated and activated, can i restore that image to a new hard
drive or the same hard drive after formatting, without reactivateing again ?
Thanks

--
Carl G

"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi guys and gals
> I have the software , True Image. If i create an image of my hard drive
with
> XP home , all updated and activated, can i restore that image to a new
hard
> drive or the same hard drive after formatting, without reactivateing again
?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carl G

Yes, you can, provided that the drive resides in the same PC as before.

Thanks all, you were a big help.

--
Carl G
"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi guys and gals
> I have the software , True Image. If i create an image of my hard drive
> with XP home , all updated and activated, can i restore that image to a
> new hard drive or the same hard drive after formatting, without
> reactivateing again ?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carl G