Wireless LAN with PEAP and Passwords Aironet 1200

I am setting up a Cisco Aironet 1200 in a small office (100) with 2003/2000
AD domain & XP clients. I would like to implement a secure network using
802.1x/PEAP/Radius using password authentication.

I have read the MS TechNet Securing Wireless LAN's with PEAP and Passwords.

Can someone point me to a good step-by-step, info source or examples that
are specific to setting up a Cisco Aironet 1200 with Microsoft Radius (IAS)?

Thanks
Ken

Hi Ken,

You can can successfully setup PEAP-MSCHAPv2 with Microsoft IAS. From the
Server/IAS side you'll need to configured the AD remote access settings for
users or user groups, IAS policy and add the RADIUS clients with the proper
shared secret.

Here's some more information on IAS

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/3e94a25d-8922-4935-b248-540aa6b8c510.mspx

Here is a document published by Cisco that shows how to configure their
Access Point for PEAP.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps430/c2001/ccmigration_09186a008025d6ba.pdf

Once you have the the AP configured then make sure the client is properly
configured for PEAP authentication.

Make sure you check the System event logs on the server and look for IAS
events related to wireless authentication.

Good luck,

Gavin

"AdminKen" <some@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am setting up a Cisco Aironet 1200 in a small office (100) with 2003/2000
>AD domain & XP clients. I would like to implement a secure network using
>802.1x/PEAP/Radius using password authentication.
>
> I have read the MS TechNet Securing Wireless LAN's with PEAP and
> Passwords.
>
> Can someone point me to a good step-by-step, info source or examples that
> are specific to setting up a Cisco Aironet 1200 with Microsoft Radius
> (IAS)?
>
> Thanks
> Ken

Hi Ken,

You can successfully setup PEAP-MSCHAPv2 with Microsoft IAS. From the
Server/IAS side you'll need to configured the AD remote access settings for
users or user groups, IAS policy and add the RADIUS clients with the proper
shared secret.

Here's some more information on IAS

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/3e94a25d-8922-4935-b248-540aa6b8c510.mspx

Here is a document published by Cisco that shows how to configure their
Access Point for PEAP.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps430/c2001/ccmigration_09186a008025d6ba.pdf

Once you have the AP configured then make sure the client is properly