No caps please. Is the drive an actual DVD drive?

"DEBBIE" <DEBBIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I CANT GET THE DRIVE TO PLAY MY DVDS. IT SAYS IT NEEDS FORMATTED.

XP can't just natively play DVD's. You need a software decoder (such as
PowerDVD - which might have been bundled with the player hardware anyway) or
a hardware decoder PCI card, just fits in a PCI slot and you just connect
the IDE cable from the DVD drive to the card.