Removing Hardware Drivers

Over the years with XP, I have had several monitors, printers, video
cards and so forth. When I replaced them, some I uninstalled via the
device manager and some I didn't and that leads to the questions. Did
uninstalling through the device manager remove the drivers?
And for those I didn't uninstall first, are the drivers still out there
on the hard disk? I expect so. If so, that leaves the question, how do
identify and remover the drivers for hardware I no longer have?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

"Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:114rrft8btp8857@corp.supernews.com...
> Over the years with XP, I have had several monitors, printers, video
> cards and so forth. When I replaced them, some I uninstalled via the
> device manager and some I didn't and that leads to the questions. Did
> uninstalling through the device manager remove the drivers?
> And for those I didn't uninstall first, are the drivers still out there
> on the hard disk? I expect so. If so, that leaves the question, how do
> identify and remover the drivers for hardware I no longer have?
>
> Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Currently Windows has no standard way to delete all stuff left out after removing drivers; users are supposed just to live with
it.
The thorough cleanup procedure was posted not long ago in the drivers newsgroup.
--PA

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message
> "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
>> Over the years with XP, I have had several monitors, printers, video
>> cards and so forth. When I replaced them, some I uninstalled via the
>> device manager and some I didn't and that leads to the questions.
>> Did
>> uninstalling through the device manager remove the drivers?
>> And for those I didn't uninstall first, are the drivers still out
>> there
>> on the hard disk? I expect so. If so, that leaves the question, how
>> do
>> identify and remover the drivers for hardware I no longer have?
>>
>> Thanks for your thoughts on this.
>
> Currently Windows has no standard way to delete all stuff left out
> after removing drivers; users are supposed just to live with
> it.
> The thorough cleanup procedure was posted not long ago in the drivers
> newsgroup.
> --PA

Thank you. I will hunt for it.