What connections does one need to daisy chain USB2 hard dr..

What connections does one need to daisy chain USB2 hard drives?

--
Thanks in advance

"The Old Timer" <notathome@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:OWGbcoyNFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> What connections does one need to daisy chain USB2 hard drives?

An usb hub (you don't daisy chain the drive itself!)

--PA

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:16:53 +0800, The Old Timer wrote:

> What connections does one need to daisy chain USB2 hard drives?

USB devices work in parallel through a HUB, they can not be connected in
series.

A cheap USB 4-Port hub runs about $20.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

And power for the drives.

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@NOwritemeNO.com> wrote in message
| "The Old Timer" <notathome@optusnet.com.au> wrote in
message news:OWGbcoyNFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| > What connections does one need to daisy chain USB2 hard
drives?

| An usb hub (you don't daisy chain the drive itself!)
|
| --PA

bar

The term 'daisey chain' for USB devices was once coined to describe the
manner in which many devices could be attached to a single USB port and a
second device attached to the first.

In fact I have only seen USB ports on Keyboards and Monitors, but then,
these don't daisey chain as such and work as a Hub.

The use of a 4 port USB hub will obviously accomodate 4 devices to a single
USB port on the PC, again one can attach a second 4 port hub to one of the
four ports of the first hub, giving 7 unique IO devies or 7 USB hard drives
and so on.