2800 Barton on Shuttle AN35N Mobo

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.microprocessors.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

Geez. Things used to be pretty simple.

I've got a 2800 Barton 333 on a Shuttle AN35N Mobo. With a single
stick of Kingston PC3200 CL3 RAM.

To say the least, I'm a bit confused about the BIOS setup.

I seem to get lots of red lights on the MOBO indicating a processor
overheat! With settings that don't seem out of line. There's an
adequate sink and fan installed. The "overheat" light comes on in an
instant before the BIOS has a chance to post to the monitor.

My goal is optimal, normal setup for a kid that is going to be a long
way away with the computer. I want it to run to normal specs... not
over or under clocked.

Should the FSB be 166 or 333?

How do I setup the memory?

What the what?

I'd appreciate y'alls inputs.

tanks.

pc

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.microprocessors.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

> Geez. Things used to be pretty simple.
>
> I've got a 2800 Barton 333 on a Shuttle AN35N Mobo. With a single
> stick of Kingston PC3200 CL3 RAM.
>
> To say the least, I'm a bit confused about the BIOS setup.
>
> I seem to get lots of red lights on the MOBO indicating a processor
> overheat! With settings that don't seem out of line. There's an
> adequate sink and fan installed. The "overheat" light comes on in an
> instant before the BIOS has a chance to post to the monitor.
>
> My goal is optimal, normal setup for a kid that is going to be a long
> way away with the computer. I want it to run to normal specs... not
> over or under clocked.
>
> Should the FSB be 166 or 333?
>
> How do I setup the memory?
>
> What the what?
>
> I'd appreciate y'alls inputs.
>
> tanks.
>
> pc

the FSB should be 166
the AXP will double that and use 333..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.microprocessors.amd,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

Interesting. They must have recently added the overheat lamp to the
board, because I have built several unit using that board and have no
red lights. Also, I wonder what good a lamp is on the board? Once the
case is together you can't see it anyway. Glad you got it worked out.

ranchhand wrote:
> Interesting. They must have recently added the overheat lamp to the
> board, because I have built several unit using that board and have no
> red lights. Also, I wonder what good a lamp is on the board? Once the
> case is together you can't see it anyway. Glad you got it worked out.

LOL! It's green until there's a problem. All AN35N Ultras have them up
top over the first and second memory slots. It's good for trouble
shooting a new build. After you've got everthing set-up you set the
overheat protection in the bios. I love the board! I've built three,
stable as a rock!

--
FRH

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:07:40 GMT, "Frank v7.0" <none@no.net> wrote:

>ranchhand wrote:
>> Interesting. They must have recently added the overheat lamp to the
>> board, because I have built several unit using that board and have no
>> red lights. Also, I wonder what good a lamp is on the board? Once the
>> case is together you can't see it anyway. Glad you got it worked out.
>
>LOL! It's green until there's a problem. All AN35N Ultras have them up
>top over the first and second memory slots. It's good for trouble
>shooting a new build. After you've got everthing set-up you set the
>overheat protection in the bios. I love the board! I've built three,
>stable as a rock!
I accidently put my heatsink on backwards when I built mine, so I
know what he's talking about. lol