jupiter

Windows Memory Diagnostic Utility always reports a failed test on the memory
module in the lowest numbered slot and will fail any one module in any slot.
Other memory testing utilities show no faults. I tried using this test after
sending an error report after a crash to restart. (the error report showed a
memory problem) This happened on a new motherboard/processor/memory upgrade.
I am wondering if I actually have a hardware problem or if it is something
else. Any isight would be appreciated.

ASUS P4P800E Deluxe
P4 3.2E (skt 478)
1 GB Corsair DDR400 (also tried 512 DDR 333)
2 80 GB HDD in RAID 0
Gainward Ti 4200 AGP 4x
Audigy 2

I would locate, download and use MEMTEST'86+ for a more complete memory
check. This does not use any Windows.

"jupiter" <jupiter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows Memory Diagnostic Utility always reports a failed test on the
> memory
> module in the lowest numbered slot and will fail any one module in any
> slot.
> Other memory testing utilities show no faults. I tried using this test
> after
> sending an error report after a crash to restart. (the error report showed
> memory problem) This happened on a new motherboard/processor/memory
> upgrade.
> I am wondering if I actually have a hardware problem or if it is something
> else. Any isight would be appreciated.
>

> ASUS P4P800E Deluxe
> P4 3.2E (skt 478)
> 1 GB Corsair DDR400 (also tried 512 DDR 333)
> 2 80 GB HDD in RAID 0
> Gainward Ti 4200 AGP 4x
> Audigy 2

jupiter

Thanks for your reply Yves. I tried Memtest 86 and it shows no errors. I also
tried the memory in another system of mine and it passed both Memtest 86 and
Microsoft's memory tests. Either Microsoft's memory test isn't playing well
with my machine configuration or it's one heck of a utility. I'm thinking the
only way to find out is to send this board back to ASUS.