HELP - ActiveSync will not load

July 18, 2004 7:53:26 PM

Hi I have a Telefonica TSM 400, running Pocket PC-2002 Phone Edition.

I have loaded ActiveSync successfully on my notebook, however it will not
load correctly on my desk computer.
I am able to access the files on my pocket PC but ActiveSync will not run.
While load I get an error message saying that some files could not be
registered.
I have had a look at the wcesetup file, the first error message in that
Uninstall Logging failed, uninstall will not run. MSActiveSync does not
appear in my list of loaded programs.

Please help

Peter - Iznajar - Spain

More about : activesync load

Anonymous
July 18, 2004 7:53:27 PM

Reply to message from "Peter Cleife" <cleife@mercuryin.es> (Sun, 18 Jul
2004 09:53:26) about "HELP - ActiveSync will not load":

PC> Hi I have a Telefonica TSM 400, running Pocket PC-2002 Phone Edition.

PC> I have loaded ActiveSync successfully on my notebook, however it will
PC> not load correctly on my desk computer. I am able to access the files
PC> on my pocket PC but ActiveSync will not run. While load I get an error
PC> message saying that some files could not be registered.
PC> I have had a look at the wcesetup file, the first error message in
PC> that Uninstall Logging failed, uninstall will not run. MSActiveSync
PC> does not appear in my list of loaded programs.

PC> Please help
Look at your Windows\inf folder. If there are any zero byte OEM*.inf files,
delete these. Leave normal OEM*.inf alone.

Reboot and try installing again

--
"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.
spambegone.com> Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:41:07 -0400

July 19, 2004 4:27:49 AM

Is the account you are trying to install AS into priviledged or limited?
Only priviledged accounts (Administrator Accounts) have full access
rights to the computer for installing software.

~S.

"Peter Cleife" <cleife@mercuryin.es> wrote in news:o UsjuGVbEHA.3204
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

It's a personal home computer, using XP-Home

I am the only user and am the 'administrator'.

Weird! I had no problem installing on the notebook.
Have tried several time to re-load. uninstall fails each time, so I have
uninstalled in safe mode and removed all ActiveSync entries in the register,
using regedit.

Peter

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Is the account you are trying to install AS into priviledged or limited?
> Only priviledged accounts (Administrator Accounts) have full access
> rights to the computer for installing software.

Anonymous
July 19, 2004 1:51:23 PM

Then the only two other things that come to my mind are;
Do you have any utility installed that is monitoring the
registry, such as Norton CleanSweep?
I have encountered only one incident where the system
language settings prevented someone at my workplace from
installing Office 2000 correctly. It -had- to match with
the language settings of Office before it would ever
finish the install correctly. It might be a long shot,
but is it possible you are trying to mix languages on the pc?

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Thanks your help.
My computer is running XP Home (Spanish).
I am trying to load ActiveSync (Spanish 3.7.1), however on the first attempt
to load the program, I may have (I don't think so), tried to load the latest
version of ActiveSync (English) from the MS website.
I have tried loading the latest Spanish version also, none will work.
The installation gets to 92% then pauses, then I get the error message.
Sometimes (but not always) it tells me to re-boot to finish the
installation, nothing happens when I do.

My notebook is also XP Home Spanish.

Regards

> Then the only two other things that come to my mind are;
> Do you have any utility installed that is monitoring the
> registry, such as Norton CleanSweep?
> I have encountered only one incident where the system
> language settings prevented someone at my workplace from
> installing Office 2000 correctly. It -had- to match with
> the language settings of Office before it would ever
> finish the install correctly. It might be a long shot,
> but is it possible you are trying to mix languages on the pc?
>
> "Peter Cleife" <cleife@mercuryin.es> wrote in
>
> > It's a personal home computer, using XP-Home
> >
> > I am the only user and am the 'administrator'.
> >
> > Weird! I had no problem installing on the notebook.
> > Have tried several time to re-load. uninstall fails each time, so I have
> > uninstalled in safe mode and removed all ActiveSync entries in the
> > register, using regedit.
> >
> > Peter
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 3:48:51 PM

Correction first attempt was from the suppliers CD ActiveSync 3.5 (Spanish).
Loaded OK on my notebook, upgraded on my note book to 3.7.1 (Spanish)
working OK.

!