SK43G mobo battery problem

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

My recentley purchased SK43G keep dis-charging the onboard battery -
it will last for about a month before becoming too flat to maintain
the bios settings.

Is this a common problem ?

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:12:55 +0100, {+}{+} <me@home.com> wrote:

>My recentley purchased SK43G keep dis-charging the onboard battery -
>it will last for about a month before becoming too flat to maintain
>the bios settings.
>
>Is this a common problem ?

No, I don't beive so, and it shoul not be like that, so you should get
it fixed/replaced.

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I purchased it mail order and have since found out that the company
has not got good reputation for refunding or replacement parts.
I was hoping somebody may know if the fault is fixable - DIY style !?

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:50:12 +0100, {+}{+} <me@home.com> wrote:

>I purchased it mail order and have since found out that the company
>has not got good reputation for refunding or replacement parts.
>I was hoping somebody may know if the fault is fixable - DIY style !?

Maybe Shuttle can provide som direct RMA. Very hard to tell what this
type of problem will be.

--

{+}{+} <me@home.com> wrote in message news:<rojci0df0mu6n669467mtfhmg7dfigluto@4ax.com>...
> My recentley purchased SK43G keep dis-charging the onboard battery -
> it will last for about a month before becoming too flat to maintain
> the bios settings.
>
> Is this a common problem ?
I purchase the same in January and the battery died about a month ago.
I was away for about two months, so the sk43g was not on for that
period. I contacted the tech service and they offerred to replace the
mb, within a week. But, I declined and replaced cmos battery instead.
If it (the battery) died again, a replacement probably is the only
solution.

zippy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I also replaced my battery , but it only lasted for about 6 weeks
before it needed changing again.