Boot Trouble with SN45G2V2

Hi group,

I'm having trouble with my SN45G2. I am trying to boot from a cd-rom,
but the only thing that happens is the drive spins up and spins down
for a while and then it tells me that I don't have a valid system
disk. I know the disk is good because I tried it on another machine
and it booted up fine. I tried using a different cable, a different
drive, and the other IDE channel. All of these didn't do anything for
me. I'm not sure what else it could be. Any suggestions.

Here are my parts:
Atholon XP 3000+
2x Samsung DDR333 512MB
Lite-On LDW-411S

-Stafa

Mustafa Al-Shawaf wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I'm having trouble with my SN45G2. I am trying to boot from a cd-rom,
> but the only thing that happens is the drive spins up and spins down
> for a while and then it tells me that I don't have a valid system
> disk. I know the disk is good because I tried it on another machine
> and it booted up fine. I tried using a different cable, a different
> drive, and the other IDE channel. All of these didn't do anything for
> me. I'm not sure what else it could be. Any suggestions.

Well, maybe its a problem with the drive and the disk? Did you connect
the drive to another machine and manage to boot from the disk?

Jan