100 MHz or 133 MHz?

I'm putting together a new system here. Got a AK32V V3.1 Shuttle MOBO and am
planning on using an AMD Athalon XP2200+ /256K Cache / 266MHz FSB / Socket A
/ Thoroughbred core / Processor (CPU) Should I choose a CPU frequency (JP2)
of 100 MHz or 133 MHz?
The jumper is sitting on pin 1-2 (100 MHz) and came installed in that
position. The mainboard manual is not too descriptive in which frequency I
should employ. It just says set according to CPU. Any ideas?

cjt

WrAvEn wrote:

> I'm putting together a new system here. Got a AK32V V3.1 Shuttle MOBO and am
> planning on using an AMD Athalon XP2200+ /256K Cache / 266MHz FSB / Socket A
> / Thoroughbred core / Processor (CPU) Should I choose a CPU frequency (JP2)
> of 100 MHz or 133 MHz?
> The jumper is sitting on pin 1-2 (100 MHz) and came installed in that
> position. The mainboard manual is not too descriptive in which frequency I
> should employ. It just says set according to CPU. Any ideas?

Thanx CJT - I'm off to my workbench to move a jumper! 100 to 133 - got it!

"CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> WrAvEn wrote:
>
>> I'm putting together a new system here. Got a AK32V V3.1 Shuttle MOBO and
>> am planning on using an AMD Athalon XP2200+ /256K Cache / 266MHz FSB /
>> Socket A / Thoroughbred core / Processor (CPU) Should I choose a CPU
>> frequency (JP2) of 100 MHz or 133 MHz?
>> The jumper is sitting on pin 1-2 (100 MHz) and came installed in that
>> position. The mainboard manual is not too descriptive in which frequency
>> I should employ. It just says set according to CPU. Any ideas?
> 133
>
> --
> The e-mail address in our reply-to line is reversed in an attempt to
> minimize spam. Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.

Jimmy

WrAvEn,

Please let me know if yours posts. Shuttle says specifically for this
Mobo (I've got a problem too) it supports Palomino only....not
Thoroughbred core

Mine won't post (AK31 V2) so far....attemted to upgrade from an Athlon
1.4 to an Athlon 2100+ XP

Going to try to set the Vcore to 1.65 and multiplier to 13....

"WrAvEn" <wraven@excite.com> wrote in message news:<Q1oXc.10039$%m4.1743072@read2.cgocable.net>...
> Thanx CJT - I'm off to my workbench to move a jumper! 100 to 133 - got it!

Posts fine on the AK32VN Shuttle MOBO here, Jimmy. Did you change your
Vcore?
Found this info:
Vcore voltage adjustable up to 1.85V for Ak31 V1-3.x series mainboard is act
as a protective mechanism to prevent CPU damage if CPU Vcore is raised over
the Vcore overclock limit. AK31 mainboard Vcore Voltage can be increased up
to 1.85V. It is suggested that if you wish to overclock K7 CPU with higher
FSB, please raise Vcore in small increment of 0.025V.
Socket A CPU Support
supports Thunderbird, Palomino (Modell 6), Thoroughbred (Modell 8) and
Barton up to 3000+
AMD Athlon XP and Duron processors for socket A with 200/266/333MHz FSB

Processor Socket A
(Supposed to support)
AMD Athlon CPU up to 1.5G+
AMD Duron CPU 900Mhz+

Let us know how you make out - inquiring minds want to know!
WrAvEn