[SOLVED] Triple monitor gaming on 27" imac

Status
Not open for further replies.

askschwa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I want to purchase a 27" imac either 2011 or the "soon to be released" 2012 model. I have two 22" 1920 x 1080 monitors that I want to use along with it. Will games run across all three monitors properly? (lining up issues). Would I just be better off only gaming on the iMac screen?

Solution
There aren't many games that take advantage or multiple monitors. Maybe some flight simulator but I have not played any.
I have a 27" imac and a 22" rotated 90' on the left and a 24" on the right. I used to just turn them off but now I have another computer plugged into the 24" on a different input so when I game on the 27" I can change the input on the 24" and watch hboGo or tv.

rugner

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
There aren't many games that take advantage or multiple monitors. Maybe some flight simulator but I have not played any.
I have a 27" imac and a 22" rotated 90' on the left and a 24" on the right. I used to just turn them off but now I have another computer plugged into the 24" on a different input so when I game on the 27" I can change the input on the 24" and watch hboGo or tv.

Solution

askschwa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
That makes a lot of sense, thanks. If I end up getting the 27in iMac I'll probably have one connected and one for my Raspberry Pi or something else if I need it. Unfortunately, I only have VGA and DVI on the monitors and I prefer using DVI when possible, it may be annoying to manually switch the cables instead of just switching the output, but who knows. Thanks again for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.