Programattically Configure Wireless Settings..

Hi all,

I was wondering if you can help me with a quick question. I would like to
automatically configure wireless settings on all the laptops in my org so
that the user doesn not have to go into the Connection properties and set
anything. I am will be using something like sms to push the solution wether
it be a script or registry file or what ever it maybe. I need to be able to
make changes to EAP type, Data Encryption, and so forth. Can has anyone
accomplished this or anything like that may be able to point me in the
direction of some usefull resourced.

Any help is greatly appreciated.......

Thanks,

-Jose

If you are using Windows Server 2003 and Active Directory, then you can take
advantage of Wireless Group Policy.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/techref/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/techref/en-us/w2k3tr_gpwir_what.asp

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless

"Jose Valle" <jlvinbox-vb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if you can help me with a quick question. I would like to
> automatically configure wireless settings on all the laptops in my org so
> that the user doesn not have to go into the Connection properties and set
> anything. I am will be using something like sms to push the solution
> wether
> it be a script or registry file or what ever it maybe. I need to be able
> make changes to EAP type, Data Encryption, and so forth. Can has anyone
> accomplished this or anything like that may be able to point me in the
> direction of some usefull resourced.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.......
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jose

Hi Jose,

You also might find this useful in addition to Jerry Peterson's link.

Configuring Wireless Settings Using Windows Server 2003 Group Policy
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0703.mspx

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com