When I format my hard drive it says it repairing clusters. This takes about
24 hours to do this on my 60 gig hard drive. It works when its done, but is
there a way to do this faster.

There sure is. Get a hard drive that has zero defects in it. You old drive
is severely limited by the amount of defective clusters. I certainly would
not store any important files on it. They are likely to just disappear on
you.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

If you knew half as much as you think you know,

"Doug" <doug57@www.com> wrote in message
> When I format my hard drive it says it repairing clusters. This takes
> about 24 hours to do this on my 60 gig hard drive. It works when its done,
> but is there a way to do this faster.

Replace the hard drive! Whenever there is a defective cluster that requires
repairing, the hard drive marks the bad cluster and move that point to a
spare cluster. If it take 24 hours, then your drive is failing!

"Doug" <doug57@www.com> wrote:

>When I format my hard drive it says it repairing clusters. This takes about
>24 hours to do this on my 60 gig hard drive. It works when its done, but is
>there a way to do this faster.

Go to the hard drive manufacturer's web site and download the free
diagnostic utility. Run that to check out the hard drive. "Repairing
clusters" is something that should never happen on a modern hard drive
when formatting.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--