USB2 troubles

Last time I used my USB video capture device, everything worked fine.
Now, I get an error message that an enhanced USB port can't be found.
Yet, the enhanced USB controller is in Device Manager as it should be.
Why can't my hardware find it, especially since it has found it previously?

Usually, you can reset the USB/USB 2 by:

1) Disconnect every USB/USB2 devices
2) Uninstall all UBS ports/hub hubs/Enhanced controllers.
3) Reboot
4) Xp should re-detect, and correct, the USB/USB2 ports.

"Airman Thunderbird" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Last time I used my USB video capture device, everything worked fine. Now,
> I get an error message that an enhanced USB port can't be found. Yet, the
> enhanced USB controller is in Device Manager as it should be. Why can't my
> hardware find it, especially since it has found it previously?

Thanks, for some reason, the "enhanced" USB controller drivers
uninstalled themselves, I guess. They were listed in Device Manager as
uninstalled, anyway. No yellow or red indicator, said the port was
working properly. After reinstalling the drivers, everything's okay.

The controller was working right last time I used it, but something gave
it a brain fart, apparently. Who knows?

Yves Leclerc wrote:
> Usually, you can reset the USB/USB 2 by:
>
> 1) Disconnect every USB/USB2 devices
> 2) Uninstall all UBS ports/hub hubs/Enhanced controllers.
> 3) Reboot
> 4) Xp should re-detect, and correct, the USB/USB2 ports.
>
> "Airman Thunderbird" <airman.basic@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Last time I used my USB video capture device, everything worked fine. Now,
>>I get an error message that an enhanced USB port can't be found. Yet, the
>>enhanced USB controller is in Device Manager as it should be. Why can't my
>>hardware find it, especially since it has found it previously?

I have the same problem. I use a Hercules TV Tuner on USB 2 and it worked,
then I have used it again and it crawled, blocking my PC, probably because it
reverted to USB 1. I have reinstalled usb2 via drivers, to no avail.