does a st61g4 have enough wattage

bolo

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001

I want to use my ST61G4 as a home theater PC. I would like to install an
All-in-Wonder 9800 pro (so I can have video input and a good gaming card)
and a Nexus-s satellite card for free-to-air satellite reception.

My question is, will the st61g4 250 watt power supply be enough to handle
both cards including a P4 northwood 3.0 Ghz , 1 Gigabyte of DDR3200 SDRAM
and a Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JD 250GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard
Drive?

Thanks

bolo

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:25:01 GMT, "BOLO" <jcaez@verizon.net> wrote:

>I want to use my ST61G4 as a home theater PC. I would like to install an
>All-in-Wonder 9800 pro (so I can have video input and a good gaming card)
>and a Nexus-s satellite card for free-to-air satellite reception.
>
>My question is, will the st61g4 250 watt power supply be enough to handle
>both cards including a P4 northwood 3.0 Ghz , 1 Gigabyte of DDR3200 SDRAM
>and a Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JD 250GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard
>Drive?

Should be ok. I have run similar, and even higher, config's on the
Shuttle 250W in some different models.

--
Clas Mehus
Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/

In article <1po2d.20091$%O5.14947@trnddc07>, BOLO says...
> I want to use my ST61G4 as a home theater PC. I would like to install an
> All-in-Wonder 9800 pro (so I can have video input and a good gaming card)
> and a Nexus-s satellite card for free-to-air satellite reception.
>
> My question is, will the st61g4 250 watt power supply be enough to handle
> both cards including a P4 northwood 3.0 Ghz , 1 Gigabyte of DDR3200 SDRAM
> and a Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JD 250GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard
> Drive?

Absolutely no problem at all. Shuttle PSUs are excellent so don't be
worried because its rated at 250W. THe 5,12V rails output current
equivalent to far higher rated ATX PSUs.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

Let us know how it goes. I don't see any problem either. BTY I used a
hacksaw to shorten the memory card bracket and installed a second HDD and
now have at mirror RAID system working great without any problems..... go
for it.....

"BOLO" <jcaez@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I want to use my ST61G4 as a home theater PC. I would like to install an
> All-in-Wonder 9800 pro (so I can have video input and a good gaming card)
> and a Nexus-s satellite card for free-to-air satellite reception.
>
> My question is, will the st61g4 250 watt power supply be enough to handle
> both cards including a P4 northwood 3.0 Ghz , 1 Gigabyte of DDR3200 SDRAM
> and a Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JD 250GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard
> Drive?
>

> Thanks
>
> bolo

"BOLO" <jcaez@verizon.net> wrote in

> I want to use my ST61G4 as a home theater PC. I would like to
> install an All-in-Wonder 9800 pro (so I can have video input and
> a good gaming card) and a Nexus-s satellite card for free-to-air
> satellite reception.

I'm not sure that the video card will actually fit.