Hi there,

My SB75G2 shows a typical problem: it won't boot. It appears to be working
(fans are blazing, power-indicators on the mobo work fine) but I get no
video signal and no boot-signals indicating what might be wrong. I
tried switiching the AGP video-card, but to no avail. I disconnected the
S-ATA hard drive and DVD player... nothing.

What could be wrong? I was guessing that it might be the Kingston
DDR ram (1 Gb, all in one slot), but frankly have no idea really.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA!

RS

same happen to me - but I tried all sorts of components.
I returned to NewwEgg for replacement, and everything work fine.
=====================
"Richard Smol" <jazzcat@dds.nl> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> My SB75G2 shows a typical problem: it won't boot. It appears to be working
> (fans are blazing, power-indicators on the mobo work fine) but I get no
> video signal and no boot-signals indicating what might be wrong. I
> tried switiching the AGP video-card, but to no avail. I disconnected the
> S-ATA hard drive and DVD player... nothing.
>
> What could be wrong? I was guessing that it might be the Kingston
> DDR ram (1 Gb, all in one slot), but frankly have no idea really.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> TIA!
>
> RS

> My SB75G2 shows a typical problem: it won't boot. It appears to be working
> (fans are blazing, power-indicators on the mobo work fine) but I get no
> video signal and no boot-signals indicating what might be wrong. I
> tried switiching the AGP video-card, but to no avail. I disconnected the
> S-ATA hard drive and DVD player... nothing.
>
> What could be wrong? I was guessing that it might be the Kingston
> DDR ram (1 Gb, all in one slot), but frankly have no idea really.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

I just went through quite an ordeal getting an SB51G to work... The
shuttle came and I had the same symptoms as you. RMA'd to shuttle and
they replaced the regulators. I still couldn't get anything, so I
swapped the CPU. Turns out I had a Celeron_D, and the _D is not
supported. I eventually got a P4 Northwood, and low and behold,
everything worked fine. For a day. :-( Then back to the same
symptoms -- no video, but lights and fans all were fine. Re-RMA'd
with shuttle and they worked on it a bit, and in the end replaced the
mother board and it's been happy ever since.

/Sean